Vanishing clock and widgets lockscreen bug

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
So.... does really no one know how to fix this? :/ I had an OS update today and the bug was eager to return once more.

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
The bug stopped happening (hoping I'm not jinxing myself) after unistalling the 'Clock Face' app. What is strange though is that this makes no sense given that this bug existed prior to having GoodLock and any of its apps, so I am unsure if this is coincidence or not.

The reason I feel that it has resolved itself is because it has been longer than a day, which it definitely would have happened by now.

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
The bug stopped happening (hoping I'm not jinxing myself) after unistalling the 'Clock Face' app. What is strange though is that this makes no sense given that this bug existed prior to having GoodLock and any of its apps, so I am unsure if this is coincidence or not.

The reason I feel that it has resolved itself is because it has been longer than a day, which it definitely would have happened by now.
GREAT! Just my luck, of course I jinx myself yet again.

Does still no one else have any idea what could be going on?

Or, at the very least, would anyone be able to point me toward a better means of communicating this problem to someone more capable of being able to help fix? Like is this something I should contact direct Samsung support for?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
In your apps list, go to clock.

Check and make sure that it is not optimized for battery.

I have to leave but maybe someone can step you through the process.

Reactions: NJMike

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
In your apps list, go to clock.

Check and make sure that it is not optimized for battery.

I have to leave but maybe someone can step you through the process.
I went and switched it to Unrestricted. We'll see how this goes. If I don't report back here then assume it is fixed.

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
Good luck. Just a tip. I can't guarantee it will fix it but something to try.
Hey I appreciate the help nonetheless. This is just so frustrating, even as trivial of a problem this is. But I have tried everything else and nothing seems to help.

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
Good luck. Just a tip. I can't guarantee it will fix it but something to try.
Yeah sadly it didn't work; I just had it happen a couple moments ago.

Also I'm unsure if I mentioned, but this only happens once upon turning the screen on on the lock screen; it does not happen any other time or on any other screen.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Try this:

Goto Settings>Apps>One UI home>Storage>Clear cache

Then Force stop. Make sure you add clock widget to lock screen.

Restart phone. See if that helps.

After that, I am all out of ideas,

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
Try this:

I just tried this, thank you.

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
Try this:

Yeah, it didn't work; I just had it happen again. I officially give up on this. It doesn't seem like anyone else on the site really knows either. Oh well.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it didn't work; I just had it happen again. I officially give up on this. It doesn't seem like anyone else on the site really knows either. Oh well.
Yeah I tried to Google your issue and I couldn't find any definite resolution. Sorry

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
Samsung says there is a new clock update in the galaxy store that fixes bugs. The article does not mention specific bugs but maybe it helps. Good luck

I will look into it the next time it happens, but I believe I fixed it by clearing the cache and data of Clock Face and System UI as they are components of the lockscreen and I hadn't tried clearing them yet aside from the OneUI one you suggested.

Reactions: tube517

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I will look into it the next time it happens, but I believe I fixed it by clearing the cache and data of Clock Face and System UI as they are components of the lockscreen and I hadn't tried clearing them yet aside from the OneUI one you suggested.
Hopefully it stays ok

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah anytime an app/widget acts up, first step is clearing cache in the app itself. Hopefully that did the trick.

NJMike

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
Well guess what, the bug returned again. I thought after having 5+ days od it being gone that it was resolved. It seems like each time there is a longer window before it happens again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whymustimakeanaccount