Various problems and.7.0 Motorola G4plus

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Here's all details I can provide. I have restarted various times..

Memory: Average use 1.2Gb (64%) / Total mem 1.8Gb / Free 671Mb
Storage: 40Gb total used of 45.7Gb / AndroidOS / internal shared 7.58 of 10.82Gb / SanDisc SD card 27.35 used of 29.7Gb

Issues:
Whatsapp.. can send and receive text only, but not...
send pic; Sorry, this media file doesn't exist on your SD card
record voice message; Can't set up the recorder now, please try again later.
view photos & view status pics.. Download failed The download was unable to complete. Please try again later.

Camera: error when trying to..
take photo: Camera error Please restart camera
make video; Cannot start video capture

Screenshot: (Android system warning).. Couldn't capture screenshot. Can't save screenshot due to limited storage space.

Instagram: App keeps closing (seems to have stopped after reinstall).

gnishere

Jul 10, 2021
Visit site
Well i've finally connected my phone to my laptop and here's whats on the it. But I don't know if it's stuff on my sd card storage or on my phone's internal storage. So.. I just grabbed what might be important (which is the folders in the note with the sizes next to them). Plan is.. I'll and reformat the card probably and then not even return any files to the phone. Any comments welcome.
g4plus.png list.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was looking at Moto's official support page for Adoptable Storage on that phone: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/111333/p/30,6720,9686. This line seems relevant: 'Once a card has been formatted as internal storage, both your device internal storage and the card will show up as “device storage” under storage settings, and you will be able to move applications which were in internal storage to the card. Moving applications to the card can be done from application settings (Settings > Apps > select application > Change storage location)'

Do you see that "Change storage location" option in your Settings>Apps menu? If so, care you able to move the apps back to Internal Storage?

gnishere

Jul 10, 2021
Visit site
So after formatting all initial issues are resolved.
I am still to work thru the images situation but google photos looked up to date.
However I'm yet to analyse the 24gb of files that I backed up.
Can't wait for that right?
Good news is I have a working phone for now.
The SD card won't format to removable.
I mean it formats according to the moto formatting software but a notification from Android system always is showing saying.. 'This device doesn't support this SanDisk SD card. Tap to set up in a supported format' which takes me to the formatting software and so the circle continues.
Afterwards to gain some more space I also cleared the cache of the internal storage which was around 1.8gb. To me a cache is temporary files so I really hope nothing important has been wiped. Here's how I'm looking now..
storage.jpg storage details.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How did you reformat the card? Or when you say "reformat," are you referring to a factory reset of the phone?

BTW that most recent screenshot compared with the previous one confirms that you had previously formatted the card as Internal Storage, since it's now specifically listed as Portable Storage (whereas before it was grouped under Device Storage).