Verify Pixel Stand...

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with the Pixel Stand? Was using it at home just for charging bedside at night but ordered a different stand that also charges the Pixel Buds at the same time.

So brought the Pixel Stand to the office, but now every. Single. Time. I take it off the stand, when I replace it I get this notification below about verifying the Pixel Stand. I hit next, enter my pin, and it just unlocks. No verification or anything.

Is this something I just have to live with? Is there a way to "make it stop!" other than turn off Assistant?
99e182205df254562cf547e838e22c87.jpg

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any experience with the Pixel Stand? Was using it at home just for charging bedside at night but ordered a different stand that also charges the Pixel Buds at the same time.

So brought the Pixel Stand to the office, but now every. Single. Time. I take it off the stand, when I replace it I get this notification below about verifying the Pixel Stand. I hit next, enter my pin, and it just unlocks. No verification or anything.

Is this something I just have to live with? Is there a way to "make it stop!" other than turn off Assistant? //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210504/99e182205df254562cf547e838e22c87.jpg
I use the pixel stand by my bed and have never run across this problem with my pixel 5... Wish I could offer an actual answer to your problem. All I can say is it's not normal.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I use the pixel stand by my bed and have never run across this problem with my pixel 5... Wish I could offer an actual answer to your problem. All I can say is it's not normal.

I too never ran across it before when using it bedside...maybe it doesn't like being at work? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Under Settings>Connected Devices, I may try removing it, clearing cache, and see what happens.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm constantly getting that on both my pixel stands and I've verified it 77473 times. I started seeing this with either the march or April update I don't remeber now.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm constantly getting that on both my pixel stands and I've verified it 77473 times. I started seeing this with either the march or April update I don't remeber now.

FWIW, I did do the May update yesterday.

So while I had it on the stand, I went to Settings>Connected Devices and removed the Pixel Stand that it was on (gear wheel, remove) then took it off the stand.
Then again in Settings, did a search for Pixel Stand, it came up, I cleared Cache and rebooted.
Put it back on the Stand, it interpreted it as a new Pixel Stand and took me through the setup options.
That was like 2 hours ago, it only asked me to verify one time, and I haven't had it ask since. I've had it playing Spotify, and everything's good so far. Will report back if it starts doing it again.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tested since yesterday's update. I did have it on the stand for one hour this morning and it didn't happen. But then again it doesn always happen.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tested since yesterday's update. I did have it on the stand for one hour this morning and it didn't happen. But then again it doesn always happen.

When mine was doing it this morning it was after yesterday's May update. But removing/clearing seems to have cleaned it up. It also seems to be playing much nicer with notifications and such as well. So fingers crossed!!!

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
When mine was doing it this morning it was after yesterday's May update. But removing/clearing seems to have cleaned it up. It also seems to be playing much nicer with notifications and such as well. So fingers crossed!!!

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I did do the May update yesterday.

So while I had it on the stand, I went to Settings>Connected Devices and removed the Pixel Stand that it was on (gear wheel, remove) then took it off the stand.
Then again in Settings, did a search for Pixel Stand, it came up, I cleared Cache and rebooted.
Put it back on the Stand, it interpreted it as a new Pixel Stand and took me through the setup options.
That was like 2 hours ago, it only asked me to verify one time, and I haven't had it ask since. I've had it playing Spotify, and everything's good so far. Will report back if it starts doing it again.

Thanks ... followed your steps and so far ... no issues!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174