Verizon Alternate Warranty Replacement

xiwong

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Just a heads up to anyone with a Samsung device and chronic issues, Verizon will no longer replace your device with a comparable one under the standard 1 year warranty. I am not sure about all other manufacturers, but I know HTC still allows alternate replacements.

I have a Note 3 which has had signal issues after the KK update (rolled back to 4.3). The 3 Note 3 replacements I have gotten have KK installed and still poor signal (compared to Note 2), but the biggest issue with KK is that VPN does not work, making the phone a paperweight for me. Verizon support's manager told me they used to be able to switch alternates (done it twice myself) but Samsung no longer allows that. Now Samsung wants to physically repair a phone with a software problem they will not address.

When they fail to repair it, I'll probably swappa it (as suggested by Verizon's really nice manager) and go M8.

xiwong

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I'd like confirmation on this, if true would make me leave Samsung phones.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I talked to several great Verizon reps and they all said the lack of exchanges was part of the new contract with Samsung. One rep even went far enough to tell me what price to list on swappa and calculate how much I would spend to buy a M8 outright versus other methods. Samsung reps kept giving runarounds like that their problems were verizon's which is simply untrue.

Needless to say, after being Samsung since 2011, I'm done with them. Can't recommend any samsung device due to how bad the radios are and how bad the software is.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I suspect there will be away around this. When I had the Galaxy Nexus (piece of cr*p), I went through 5 phones. On number 5 the store manager refunded my original purchase and allowed me to get purchase a new discounted phone.

xiwong

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I suspect there will be away around this. When I had the Galaxy Nexus (piece of cr*p), I went through 5 phones. On number 5 the store manager refunded my original purchase and allowed me to get purchase a new discounted phone.
I hope so, that discounted pricing is an interesting proposition. I also went through 5 GNex before they switched me to a note 2 which I'm back on now.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I think it all depends on who you talk to and their title. If you ever do not like the response, just talk to that persons boss. The regional managers can get a lot done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332