Verizon Dead Zone

johnm12501

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a droid incredible. I purchased it last November. I have been a long time customer of Verizon going back to 2001. Two weeks ago I no longer received a signal strong enough even to send text messages. For almost 10 years I've been able to use my phone business in southern Florida ... only 10 blocks from a major VZW store. Now nothing. Has anyone else experienced this. What did you do? Can i get out of my contract with VZW as they no longer are able to offer me phone service?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I am in Verizon often:) I have a buddy that works there, and told me that droid Incs come in often with reception issues. Have you tried another phone there? It seems strange that a dead zone would suddenly appear?

They could also be working on the tower, though if it has been a couple weeks I doub't it.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I would call VZW about it, they might be able to tell you if something was wrong over where you are. If nothing is wrong then it might be the phone.

johnm12501

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
They've checked everything on their end and apparently everything is in proper working condition. STill they see that i'm dropping calls. I have since read that the Incredible is notorious for bad reception. I'm going to hook up an old phone and try it at my location. if it works i would assume its the phone.

Has anyone had any luck in getting out of a contract with VZW because there is no reception. It would appear that the contract i signed with them would be a two way contract. They would have to provide wireless cell service. At the present time they do not appear to be doing that.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
They've checked everything on their end and apparently everything is in proper working condition. STill they see that i'm dropping calls. I have since read that the Incredible is notorious for bad reception. I'm going to hook up an old phone and try it at my location. if it works i would assume its the phone.

Has anyone had any luck in getting out of a contract with VZW because there is no reception. It would appear that the contract i signed with them would be a two way contract. They would have to provide wireless cell service. At the present time they do not appear to be doing that.

They actually won't let you out just for reception issues, at least as a rule. I'd keep opening trouble tickets and stress that you've had decent coverage in that area before, and go to a tech center and have a tech confirm it's not your phone. You might be able to squeeze a free (or discounted) network extender.

The wording in the contract is pretty specific to prevent people from using the clause to just drop the contract when they want something new, so it will take more than just a single trouble ticket for them to consider it.

johnm12501

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
they didn't tell me what htey reported. they just said everything checked out ok.

As of today it appears that my reception problem has taken care of itself. I dion't konw what happened but it is better. Thanks to all who took the time to read the post and reply!

John

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSun