Verizon Galaxy Note 4 Stuck in Boot Loop after Latest Update. How can I get it out of it?

pcformer

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Verizon Galaxy Note 4 Stuck in Boot Loop after Latest Update

Hello!

My note 4 received a software update from Verizon sometime around the middle of the week last week, and the first time I tried to update, it failed midway. This worried me at first, but it booted back up fine, and seemed to be working perfectly. Sometime yesterday I got the request to update again, and this time the update completed successfully. The phone was functioning fine for the first half of the day. Around noon, the phone started crashing unexpectedly, more so than usual, and would get stuck in a boot loop 2 or 3 times before becoming semi-stable again. Towards the end of the night, it got to where it was stuck in the boot loop for around 30 minutes. Sometimes when it would boot completely up, the second you tried to unlock it, it would crash again. This morning, things have gotten even worse. It was doing the boot loop thing again, so I decided to perform a factory reset. All went well with that, however, after going through the setup process, it crashed again and got stuck in the loop. This time there appears to be no sign of it letting up. It won't even get past the "Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Powered by Android" screen. There is usually a Samsung, and then Verizon screen that follows before the completion of boot. I really have no idea what to do at this point.

The Verizon store here is open until around 7 I believe, so visiting the store is also an option. Any and all help is appreciated!

sarahdeez

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Galaxy Note 4 Stuck in Boot Loop after Latest Update

Sorry to hear that PCformer. Hopefully this isn't a bad sign but ...

Today I received a notification to update. I said yes.
My phone never came back on. will not charge. nothing :'(

Note 4 - upgrading to 5.1.1 (i'm assuming)
on Verizon

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

I didn't have any issues with my update, and its not 5.1.1 :(

Voodoocaster

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, its driving me crazy.
Galaxy Note 4 on Verizon.
The loop will stop if I plug in the charger but as soon as you unplug it, boom, instant loop again.

I tried to clear the cache but didn't help.

Hope there Si a patch soon.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Don't bother taking it to a Verizon store. Unless you are there to pad their wallets by purchasing a new phone you will not get the time of day.

sarahdeez

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to hear that PCformer. Hopefully this isn't a bad sign but ...

Today I received a notification to update. I said yes.
My phone never came back on. will not charge. nothing :'(

Note 4 - upgrading to 5.1.1 (i'm assuming)
on Verizon

UPDATE: Today I went to Verizon and to CPR (cell phone repair) and they said they couldn't do anything. Verizon ordered me a new phone (either on them or on warranty). I wish I could get some of my stuff off of it.

Hickory Shampoo

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Mine has done the same thing. The first time, I let it reboot and reboot until the battery ran out. When I charged it, it booted just fine. The second time, I waited until it started the sequence, then held the power button and the volume down button simultaneously until the boot menu appeared. I selected the option to power the phone off. I charged it fully, then rebooted and the issue was resolved.

I hope this helps someone (or everyone).

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

It bricked mine. I had a lot of fun arguing with the VZW store manager who tried to convince me that Samsung controls all of the updates on their phones and VZW had no control over it.

I hope the Kool-aid they drink is yummy.

rlindydiane

May 7, 2012
Visit site

Hello!

My note 4 received a software update from Verizon sometime around the middle of the week last week, and the first time I tried to update, it failed midway. This worried me at first, but it booted back up fine, and seemed to be working perfectly. Sometime yesterday I got the request to update again, and this time the update completed successfully. The phone was functioning fine for the first half of the day. Around noon, the phone started crashing unexpectedly, more so than usual, and would get stuck in a boot loop 2 or 3 times before becoming semi-stable again. Towards the end of the night, it got to where it was stuck in the boot loop for around 30 minutes. Sometimes when it would boot completely up, the second you tried to unlock it, it would crash again. This morning, things have gotten even worse. It was doing the boot loop thing again, so I decided to perform a factory reset. All went well with that, however, after going through the setup process, it crashed again and got stuck in the loop. This time there appears to be no sign of it letting up. It won't even get past the "Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Powered by Android" screen. There is usually a Samsung, and then Verizon screen that follows before the completion of boot. I really have no idea what to do at this point.

The Verizon store here is open until around 7 I believe, so visiting the store is also an option. Any and all help is appreciated!

I am going to stave off that update as long as possible. The last one screwed up my phone so badly I had to wipe it and restore it twice.

Posted via the Android Central App

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Sorry to hear about your issue. Try booting into safe mode if possible if it doesn't continue it is more than likely an app that's not playing well with the update.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

UPDATE: Today I went to Verizon and to CPR (cell phone repair) and they said they couldn't do anything. Verizon ordered me a new phone (either on them or on warranty). I wish I could get some of my stuff off of it.
It isn't going to be a new phone. It will be one of their "certified like new" used phones. Unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Voodoocaster

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I did the same thing. They are sending me a phone (refurb) overnight. I'm a lil bummed that its a refurb but if it works it will be better then mine.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I did the same thing. They are sending me a phone (refurb) overnight. I'm a lil bummed that its a refurb but if it works it will be better then mine.
It bothers me for two reasons, first being it has something to do with the update they pushed out. The second is for being lied to about who pushes the updates.

Voodoocaster

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Well, I received my refurb (doesn't come with a battery, back or stylus). So, I put my SIM in, slapped my battery in and boom right back to a boot loop. So, I guess its the battery... is there any way a system update can fry a battery and its just a coincidence?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I'm interested to know if the battery solves the problem. I'm waiting for my used phone to be delivered.

Larry_F

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

Well, I received my refurb (doesn't come with a battery, back or stylus). So, I put my SIM in, slapped my battery in and boom right back to a boot loop. So, I guess its the battery... is there any way a system update can fry a battery and its just a coincidence?
I wonder if the problem could be that the SIM has somehow been damaged/corrupted. You should be able to get a replacement SIM to try at a VZW store.

Larry

Jessica Haley

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is doing the same thing. Stuck in reboot after the new software update I installed yesterday. I can't even get pass the Samsung startup screen. Sometimes It won't turn on. The two times I was able to get out of constant reboot I got a "andriod is optimizing" screen and then it goes black. I'm having a new battery delivered tomorrow, so I am hoping but doubtful that this will fix my issue. I have tried everything I can from booting into recovery mode. Nothing is fixing my phone. This is BS and I am regretting to the fullest my decision to "upgrade andriod" My phone is a brick.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is doing the same thing. Stuck in reboot after the new software update I installed yesterday. I can't even get pass the Samsung startup screen. Sometimes It won't turn on. The two times I was able to get out of constant reboot I got a "andriod is optimizing" screen and then it goes black. I'm having a new battery delivered tomorrow, so I am hoping but doubtful that this will fix my issue. I have tried everything I can from booting into recovery mode. Nothing is fixing my phone. This is BS and I am regretting to the fullest my decision to "upgrade andriod" My phone is a brick.
Don't plan on the VZW store being off any help. The only people they give the time of day are those that they can get a sales commission off of.

The company's structure is horrible!

Look at the bright side though, they will offer you one of their used phones to replace the one that their update broke.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

It isn't the 5.1.1. Its an update to the 5.0.1. Am hoping mine is OK. Just completed the upgrade . If it bricks out I will be very irritated