Verizon Galaxy S4: Photo resize option prior to e-mail. Where did it go?

LindaCC

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Just received my new Galaxy S4 yesterday. My daughter picked it up to send a photo to herself from my gallery. The option came up to resize the photo to several different options or leave original size. She clicked on leave original size and then checked the "do this for all my photo's". Now I have lost that menu option. I WANT IT BACK. How can I find it to reactivate it again?
Any help??
Thank you
LindaCC

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Photo resize option prior to e-mail. Where did it go?

Settings/apps/all, find gallery and tap on it. Scroll down to clear defaults. That should do it for you, Linda.

LindaCC

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for the quick response Scott.
Settings/apps/all, find gallery and tap on it. Scroll down to clear defaults. That should do it for you, Linda.
I see the Clear Defaults however it is inactive showing I have not set a default. I am thinking what she checked was "Do not show me this again" box.
How do I let gallery know "we didn't really mean it"??

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

[WARN]This will delete all of your pictures. Back them up before doing this![/WARN]

Clear data from gallery. That should reset the options completely.

LindaCC

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

[WARN]This will delete all of your pictures. Back them up before doing this![/WARN]

Clear data from gallery. That should reset the options completely.
Perfect, thank you. I can send them all to Drop Box and then do this...
Thank You

LindaCC

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

Thanks so much, I did this a few times. All the photo's would leave and then began filing back in each time. I finally called Verizon. They as well said that should work. Since I just got the phone we went ahead and did a factory reset. Menu all back. Thanks again

Piotr Jakubowski

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

I have the same issue but with Galaxy Note 3. By accident I pressed always, and did not pay attention when message appeared - where to go to reset back to defaults.
I have reset defaults and cleared cache and data for Gallery, Camera and Email - and still can't get the message to prompt me to resize.
I have lots of customization on my Note 3 and do not want to reset to defaults - any ideas?

KA_2013

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

I always looked for that settings within all the app defaults... never found :-(

But it's much easier: go to the setting of the email app -> settings -> composing & sending -> default image size -> always ask :)

Howard Gunn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

I always looked for that settings within all the app defaults... never found :-(

But it's much easier: go to the setting of the email app -> settings -> composing & sending -> default image size -> always ask :)

Renaudb

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Well, I can't seem to find this setting (composing and sending) ... :eek:( and it's driving me nuts...
Can anyone guide me?
(Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Android 4.2.2)

Thx.

Renaudb

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Ok, Found it also...

Just in case anybody wonders where that is:

Email app -> Settings -> General Settings -> Default image size -> set to desired setting (Original/70%/30%/10%/Always Ask)

Have a Great Day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sams_s22plus