Verizon HTC One (M8): Hangouts app issue??

cstmstyle

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else using Google Hangouts for your messaging app and having issues sending MMS messages while connected to WIFI? I had this issue on my prior phone (Galaxy Nexus) and although some of the roms I used tried to fix it, seems this issue has popped up again for me with the HTC. Is this a Kitkat problem? An HTC issue or just the Hangouts app?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
My MMS messages go through eventually, but it retries several times, both on WiFi and LTE.

I'm on a different device, but I have had no issues sending mms with the recent updated version of hangouts. Have you guys tried using the stock app for mms to make sure it's just not the hangouts app?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

digitard

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
If you have the T-Mobile variant check to see if WIFI CALLING is enabled.

I found that I had MMS issues when WIFI CALLING was enabled. SMS seemed to be fine, but MMS wouldn't work as it wouldn't allow access to the radio. If I disabled WIFI calling it was fine and WIFI itself could remain on.

digitard

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
It's WIFI CALLING, probably. It's something between that and MMS.

As mentioned above I had the same issue, but the moment I disabled WIFI CALLING the issue cleared up. It only happens on WIFI when WIFI CALLING is enabled for me. My guess, without any real research, is it's trying to access the radio and can't access the radio right to send/receive the MMS message and it's failing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084