Verizon HTC One - Missing my clock

Mono4411

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I'm new to these forums. But anyway, I've had my Verizon HTC One since release day, and I've had no problems with it, until recently. A few days ago, I noticed a lot of RAM being used up, so I started force closing apps, and trying to clear out the memory. No matter what I did, nothing seemed to work. So, I decided to restart my phone. When it came back on, the Sense weather clock had disappeared from my homescreen, so I went into the widgets to try and add it again, except that all my HTC clock widgets had disappeared. I thought "Okay, whatever. I can live without a clock on my homescreen." It wasn't a big deal. But then today, I installed the OTA update, and after going into my apps, I noticed that the clock app has disappeared entirely. I thought maybe I could just tap the clock in the app drawer to open it. Nope. It just says "App isn't installed". I went into the settings, and the clock app, as well as the weather clock widget, are still installed on my phone, but it's just acting like they're not there. I use the clock app for my alarm in the morning, and I know I can install a third party app from the Play Store, but I'd really like to know if anyone knows what's going on here, and if there's anything I can do to fix it.

Danadez

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
As of yesterday my AT&T HTC One is missing clock alarm, timer, stopwatch and world time. Seems like some how the clock app may have uninstalled.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I know it's kind of a long shot but have you disabled any apps recently? Disabling apps or resources for apps may be the cause of you not having your clock. If not I would check the HTC forums at their site for similar issues. I would doubt if you are having this issue that you're alone. In the meantime here is a link to Google Play that offers the HTC Sense clock widget. The only other thing I could recommend would be the dreaded factory reset. Since the OP is posting on the Big Red boards I'm assuming that they have a Verizon model, but the AT&T poster I'm assuming has done the 4.3 update and with large OS updates it's a well known fact that many of the glitches associated with them can be cleared up with a FR, of which this may be one. On another board a poster isn't having any issues with the update except one and they refuse to do the FR, because it's only one small issue.?

Phil3296

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I was having the same problem and it turned out to be just as VidJunky said. The stock clock app had disabled itself after updating my phone to Android 4.3. To fix mine I went to Settings > Apps > Slide over to the "All" tab > find Clock > Enable. Hope this helps

Jenlo

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much!!! My clock disappeared yesterday after I had to force it to stop an alarm. I'm pretty new to Android and had no idea how to fix it. But it's all good now!!!