Verizon HTC One release date?

When will the HTC One be released?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
So now that we know the HTC one is official a lot of dates have been flying around with no certainty, when do you think this phone will finally be released?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
No idea my friend. I'm hesitant to believe anything I read in regards to this subject. I have no faith in Verizon, and I left their service. I'm not going to pay more than everyone else to have the worst selection of devices and horrid customer service any longer. Not saying you should, just speaking from my own perspective. I hope you folks get it soon, because it's a really great device. I'm lucky to have one.

So now that we know the HTC one is official a lot of dates have been flying around with no certainty, when do you think this phone will finally be released?

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
No idea my friend. I'm hesitant to believe anything I read in regards to this subject. I have no faith in Verizon, and I left their service. I'm not going to pay more than everyone else to have the worst selection of devices and horrid customer service any longer. Not saying you should, just speaking from my own perspective. I hope you folks get it soon, because it's a really great device. I'm lucky to have one.
I can totally agree with you, however i'm still in a family plan under my mother's name and she doesn't get the idea or reason to switch, "Verizon has the best service!". I hate companies that boast and pride about one thing when they're good at and they fall short on all the other things that are equally as important like providing their customers with top end phones when they should be released on time.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is the king of coverage. That's for sure. I checked my coverage and made sure AT&T worked for me first. There are a lot of places in the US where Verizon can't be beat, however. You can have the nicest device, but without the coverage it's useless.

I can totally agree with you, however i'm still in a family plan under my mother's name and she doesn't get the idea or reason to switch, "Verizon has the best service!". I hate companies that boast and pride about one thing when they're good at and they fall short on all the other things that are equally as important like providing their customers with top end phones when they should be released on time.

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Verizon is the king of coverage. That's for sure. I checked my coverage and made sure AT&T worked for me first. There are a lot of places in the US where Verizon can't be beat, however. You can have the nicest device, but without the coverage it's useless.
Yep, i'm located in the city, I think all carriers excel here the most, dead spots are more in the suburbs. I just can't wait for this phone to come out! Super excited.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You won't be disapointed. Hopefully Paul O'Brien pushes out a MoDaCo Switch rom for you guys. If you like stock Android, yet like the Sense features it's the best option.

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
You won't be disapointed. Hopefully Paul O'Brien pushes out a MoDaCo Switch rom for you guys. If you like stock Android, yet like the Sense features it's the best option.
Yeah I love stock, I'll have to look into that considering I've never hacked an android device before.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. Their coverage is amazing but some people just don't travel much so coverage isn't as important except for their home where they work and play. Like me... T-mobile is great here.. And when I take a trip to visit family I'll expect some places to be spotty or roam.. But it's temporary.. The other 99.9% of my time I'm home and the service rocks in my area.

As for the phone I don't see how they charge so much yet take months to get a new device... Not fair to customers at all. "introducing the HTC One" says the landing page for Verizon... Introducing?.. Months late sure.

I know my friends on Verizon are mad. They ask me daily if I've heard anything (they know I follow Android boards) and they aren't happy with all the false release dates.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I looked very hard at switching from Verizon to AT&T but AT&T's service didn't match up so I'm stuck with Verizon. T-Mobile is even worse than AT&T. If the HTC One was released 6 weeks ago I would definitely have one in my hand right now. But, with the flood of new devices coming to Verizon in the next few weeks I'm afraid that I'm probably going to pass on the One and go with something else.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I think Verizon won't release the HTC One until sometime in September. The new Droids are being released the end of August (8/27) and I am sure Verizon does not want a non-Droid phone to upstage the Droid phones.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I looked very hard at switching from Verizon to AT&T but AT&T's service didn't match up so I'm stuck with Verizon. T-Mobile is even worse than AT&T. If the HTC One was released 6 weeks ago I would definitely have one in my hand right now. But, with the flood of new devices coming to Verizon in the next few weeks I'm afraid that I'm probably going to pass on the One and go with something else.

Which one besides the HTC ONE??

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree Verizon has handled this poorly but honestly no customer has ever came in and asked me for the HTC One.

Posted via Android Central App

Id guess around 80%+(not apple clones)that come in to your store look at all phones offered... besides ones that make news like the s4......they have no idea what phone they want.

the amount of people that come to forums and do research is very slim compared to actual cell phone users...

true?

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Exactly before I switched I didn't go into my Verizon store asking for the htc one cause I know they didn't offer it lol so off I went to AT&T!

Sent from my HTC One

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree Verizon has handled this poorly but honestly no customer has ever came in and asked me for the HTC One.

I wanted to come in today to a VZ store and badger an employee to death about when it's coming out. But if they still told me they don't know then that wouldn't help much.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Most customers that come into the stores don't even know what the HTC One is. All they care about is what's free, where are the iPhones or battery life. It's unfortunate, But the average customer doesn't care about the One or the latest and greatest.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i dont think i would say the average consumer does not care about the htc one, at least in my area in my local at&T store there is always someone playing with and looking for the htc one which is right in the front of the store on display. Samsuing and HTC have both done a great job with marketing these devices. and it is not even really the iphone that seems to drive people but as someone else above here said they want what is free or cheap. Most people dont realize that these phones cost like $600 off contract so they think $199 is a rip off.

On the topic of the actual thread though i doubt we will see the htc one today on verizon as wont likely release it before their droid lineup

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Why would they ask for a phone they know the carrier doesn't carry? Lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiviwin68