Verizon Marshmallow Incoming Today 2/16

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Marshmallow Incoming Today 2/16 (Possibly)

I have no qualms about updating to this ASAP. If it screws up my phone, I do have plenty of redundant options for comms, but let's hope those aren't necessary. As of 10:55am EST, no update yet.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Marshmallow Incoming Today 2/16 (Possibly)

That's good news! All the major US carriers got the Android OS update to the LG flagship by February. I hope it's a trend that continues, and maybe even gets faster. Verizon G3 owners had to wait until April last year if I recall correctly.

Posted via the Android Central App

swindelljd

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up my phone and noticed it was 49% done with a 947.1MB VZW system software download. Here's hoping marshmallow doesn't break hangouts on VZW like the last update did.

spiraleze

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I delayed the update until later this evening after work when I can get onto WiFi and by then (hopefully) see some feedback for this update. Hope it works out good.

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Checked after lunch, update is now downloading. I'm going to do a backup before I update. Will be doing a FDR after installation.

bchandler02

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm also holding off. After the Wifi problems with the last update I don't feel like being an early adopter this time around.

I'm hoping to hear some general feedback from those that are installing today and see how it goes.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Verizon did it to me again. They keep leaving out features that I really wanted. This time, with MM, they left out the option to merge your memory card into the onboard storage.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Installation went smoothly without any problems.

It took a while to find in settings the "Doze" feature in order to set it to be ignored for certain apps that I always want to run in the background. I found it under "Ignore optimizations" (it isn't called Doze) after pressing on Battery Usage. This feature potentially can lessen battery depletion during longer stretches when your phone is stationary and not being used. It shuts down all unnecessary background programs that waste your battery, , but allows you to override the feature for apps you check off that you want always to run.. I hope this feature works as well with my G4 as it did with my Nexus 7. This feature alone was worth the MM upgrade for my Nexus 7, making a major improvement in battery life during down times.

Posted via Android Central App

bchandler02

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Verizon did it to me again. They keep leaving out features that I really wanted. This time, with MM, they left out the option to merge your memory card into the onboard storage.

This is complete BS. They continue to just butcher the OS and take out some of the most useful features.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61