Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Qi changing with heavier case?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Has any of you noticed any qi wireless charging with any particular cases. I have a Speck Candyshell which is on the thick-ish side.

Posted via the Android Central App

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Qi changing with heavier case?

It's been a weird time with chargers. It depends a lot more on the charger than the case for me. I have an otterbox commuter case which is a bit thick and with the Anker and Aukey Luna chargers, it works perfectly. But with the Powers charger, I can't get that thing to work even without any case.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

I'll see how it goes with the Itian A6

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

Right now ask Turbo phones are having faulty battery results no matter what Qi charger you use.
Example : I bought 2 Tylt Vu Qi chargers. I tried charging my phone at night from 30% and the battery showed 100% within 5 minutes. This happens no matter what level I start at. It stays showing 100% for almost the length of the "day". This has been confirmed using GSam, Battery Widget, and multiple other apps and forums confirm as well

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

macawmatt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Been using a PowerBot charger successfully most nights with an Otterbox Commuter case on my BN. It is more particular on placement when the case is on though compared to when it is naked.

Posted via the Android Central App on a Nexus 10 running Lollipop

ReverendOD

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site

I have the speck grip and my qi charger will not work through it. I have read that a 3 coil charger will work possibly....

ricepatrol

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi HAL1,

Could you please give us an update?
I also have a turbo (metallic black, not BN) with a candyshell grip, and am looking for an inductive charger that works. (My dealextreme random ind. charger I used with my S3 doesn't work, single coil AFAIK)

Thanks!

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
The above Itian A6 Works perfect with my Speck Candyshell Grip, but maybe a little slow, not sure. About 20% per hour, which I guess is not that unusual with Qi charging . Vertically it's perfect, horizontally it almost perfect, just have to have it slightly off center to the left.

ReverendOD

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
The above Itian A6 Works perfect with my Speck Candyshell Grip, but maybe a little slow, not sure. About 20% per hour, which I guess is not that unusual with Qi charging . Vertically it's perfect, horizontally it almost perfect, just have to have it slightly off center to the left.

Good to know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haileyroyer67