Verizon no free mobile to mobile?

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I thought I had my mind made up to give Verizon a try...long time ATT customer, with not so great service in my area, however I found out they are the only carrier without the free mobile to any mobile? Price wise they are the same as ATT, however without the free mobile to mobile I would have to jump to a larger plan making them more expensive.

Has this been an issue for anyone and do you think they will follow suit and add it to their plans?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Never a issue for me. I have 3 lines and we never go over. Most friends and family have Verizon so they don't count. If you call people on other networks than Verizon it could effect you. Look into how many minutes you use not at night or on the weekend. If most are Verizon you should be OK.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

omahaorange

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Depending on what plan you're looking for, and how many outside the network you call, Verizon does offer a "Friends and Family" package.

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
90% of the people we call are on ATT. It just happens that Verizon has much better service near our home. Everywhere else it seems to be pretty much the same.

We may give Sprint a try as their plans are very nice with unlimited data, text, mobile to mobile. Sprint said I have 30days to try it out and this gives me the ability to have the SII. We will see.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is Verizon m2m only. Any other mobile or land line counts to your minutes unless its nights and weekends.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Ah ok. I thought you were saying I couldn't call other Verizon phones for free. It would be nice if I could call other carrier's cell phones for free.

ST_Jim

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
They do have "friends and family" under some plans, where you can enter up to 10(?) numbers and they are free. If you have more than 10 friends you call, you're out of luck! ;)

irocroe

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has m2m. I have had it, if you call other carriers, then it's min. But as someone stated, they do have friends and family.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaysonIrwin