Verizon Note 3: Kingo root safe?

ImStevo

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey I was wanting to root my note 3 and was wanting to know if kingo was safe or should I use another method

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

phillyphill

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Kingo root safe?

It seems safe. It took me a few tries only because I wasn't paying attention to my phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Kingo root safe?

It seems safe. It took me a few tries only because I wasn't paying attention to my phone.

sorry for the side question but...

i've heard that if you root with kingo it shouldnt trip knox and knox will only trip after you flash a rom or recovery. is that true?

phillyphill

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
It didn't trip Knox for me. But I had to install a program called safestrap. To be able to install a custom rom. I haven't read up 100% on safe strap. But i believe it's the only way to get a custom rom without tripping Knox on a non dev unit.

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
It didn't trip Knox for me. But I had to install a program called safestrap. To be able to install a custom rom. I haven't read up 100% on safe strap. But i believe it's the only way to get a custom rom without tripping Knox on a non dev unit.

cool, thanks.

charliepanadero

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Beware: Kingo might be sketchy. And why wouldn't a free root service be suspect? See androidnews.co.in/2013/11/08/psa-use-kingo-root-vroot-root-android-device/

Last edited:

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Beware: Kingo might be sketchy. And why wouldn't a free root service be suspect? See androidnews.co.in/2013/11/08/psa-use-kingo-root-vroot-root-android-device/

1 March 2014 was the last post, and a person with 2 posts both on beware of rooting from an article from Nov 2013? Not buying it, if it were a problem it would have been found by now. How about a new post on how to root Lollipop when it comes out.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samsun_Galacticus