Verizon note 8 on AT&T network

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
You might run into issues getting OTA updates if you don't have a Verizon SIM in it. But not 100% on that.

True. Updates may be a problem. However, based on posts over at the S8/S8+ forum (I used to have an S8+), Verizon seems to be the only one that is pushing out regular monthly updates. AT&T and other carriers have been lagging behind, and many of the unlocked users haven't received any updates.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon note 8 on AT&T network

True. Updates may be a problem. However, based on posts over at the S8/S8+ forum (I used to have an S8+), Verizon seems to be the only one that is pushing out regular monthly updates. AT&T and other carriers have been lagging behind, and many of the unlocked users haven't received any updates.
I'm not talking so much the frequency of updates but sometimes if you you don't have the Verizon SIM in a Verizon device you won't get the OTA updates. I know this is the case if you unlock an AT&T device and use another SIM in it. Not not sure about Verizon. Sideloading the update might be the only way.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Verizon note 8 on AT&T network

I'm not talking so much the frequency of updates but sometimes if you you don't have the Verizon SIM in a Verizon device you won't get the OTA updates. I know this is the case if you unlock an AT&T device and use another SIM in it. Not not sure about Verizon. Sideloading the update might be the only way.

Yes. I know. The problem is that side loading can be a problem, since I THINK you have to root the phone for that to work. I may be wrong on that though.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19