Verizon or Unlocked

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I prefer buying Verizon locked version if only for the reason that if I have a problem with the phone I can go to the Verizon store and they will most likely swap it out for a new one. If buying unlocked (or even locked) through Samsung they will require that you mail the phone in for evaluation and actually be without a phone for up to two weeks!! And yes the credits on Verizon are spread out over three years but they actually gave me $1000 credit for my S21+. Samsung was only offering $400 on a lump sum trade in.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Unlocked only. I have Verizon service main # as well as Visible for my business. Verizon locked phones won’t let me add the second ESIM for 60 days.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
With exception of my HTC One M9 and iPhone 6s+, I've been Verizon locked since my Blackberry Curve 8830 (my first Verizon phone).

I'm going with an unlocked S24 Ultra this time. Samsung is giving me $650 to trade in my S22 Ultra. The only Verizon apps I use are My Verizon and Call Filter, so going unlocked isn't that big of a deal.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Last 2 phones have been unlocked. Can't stand all the games Verizon puts on the phone and after every update more games pop up.