Verizon phone with most egregious carrier branding?

Jordan Miera

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey, everybody!

I'd just like to know what you all think. Which Verizon phone has the most carrier branding slapped on there?

Actually, let's go ahead and talk about the flip side as well. Which phone has the least? I know the ballistic nylon Droid Turbo has received some praise for not having Verizon's logos on it, but any other phones that come to mind?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with that horrible logo on the home key.

Also the only other one besides a nexus device is the iPhone and I think the moto x?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey, everybody!

I'd just like to know what you all think. Which Verizon phone has the most carrier branding slapped on there?

Actually, let's go ahead and talk about the flip side as well. Which phone has the least? I know the ballistic nylon Droid Turbo has received some praise for not having Verizon's logos on it, but any other phones that come to mind?
Over half of Verizon's phones sold by volume don't have any physical carrier branding.

As for more recent phones, certainly the note 2 and g3 come to mind

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Over half of Verizon's phones sold by volume don't have any physical carrier branding.

As for more recent phones, certainly the note 2 and g3 come to mind

I think he means per phone model not volume

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
True but at least the back can be replaced easily

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Your choice to replace or not to replace, but if it bothers someone to have Verizon on there, you have options. For me, I could care less if Verizon is on there, I just wanted the wireless charging.

And you beat me to my spell correction on other post, I was in the process of fixing it. It's corrected now

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Eh it's not terrible imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is fine if you don't think so .. Just saying out of the two most branded ones for Verizon I think most hate the Note 2 home button and the G3 for the logo on the front.

Otherwise all the other phones are pretty much the same ... Logo on back with "4G LTE" on it as well.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've never given Verizon's branding much thought until others have brought it up. To be frank I have no issue with it, even the home button logo on my ol' Note 2. In fact, I actually liked it as I thought it gave the phone a distinctive front look compared to all other Note 2's. Now I'm looking at my Note 4 and its home button looks rather bland. :( Anyone know where I can get a Verizon logo to put on it? ;) :p

I feel the same. The branding on the back to me isn't an issue. My tv, refrigerator, washer, dryer, car, AC unit for my house, etc. etc. have branding. So a carrier branding their carrier branded device makes sense to me.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
LG G2 also had Verizon on front and back. Still carrier branding was quite common everywhere. Only recently have the other major carriers stopped branding the front of their phones. .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin_Markov