Verizon Rooted!!!

KwantemMekanik

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I've rooted all of my previous phones, but after seeing reports of some of my favorite games and apps no longer working because of better root detection, I think i will leave the V20 alone.

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I am a power user on computers and phones but for the past couple of years I have never found a reason to ROOT any phone. I disable what I want, use a custom theme and launcher and that takes care of any issues from the stock apps or lag. What is the real world benefit of rooting the phone these days?

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I am a power user on computers and phones but for the past couple of years I have never found a reason to ROOT any phone. I disable what I want, use a custom theme and launcher and that takes care of any issues from the stock apps or lag. What is the real world benefit of rooting the phone these days?

For me, the only benefit would be if somebody ported a rom that enables some of the features that Verizon disabled like smart setrings, FM radio etc...

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Bootloader unlock and rooting can provide a lot of options: full debloat including system apps, use titanium backup, full partition backups, init.d support, build.prop tweaks for performance or to add Google assistant to the V20, custom kernels, change IO scheduler, change governor, overclock or underclock CPU/GPU, etc, etc, etc. Several of those can provide noticable performance improvement and increase battery life.

But it's not for everyone.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
For me, the only benefit would be if somebody ported a rom that enables some of the features that Verizon disabled like smart setrings, FM radio etc...

Sometimes rooting also allows you to bypass the carrier charges when using the phone as a Hotspot. I used to root but I don't bother anymore. I did it back when Motorola skins made the phone lag. I often found that ROMs sometimes left features out or weren't properly supported. I don't bother anymore since the newer versions of Android function better and most UI overlays don't lag as much. There is always the chance you can brick your phone too.... Just not worth the effort and risk, but hey.... To each his or her own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dakohara