Verizon sales rep just talked me out of it

politjunkie

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
So I have been playing with friends droids for a while now and love them. Was just at a verizon store and was ready to get one and get rid of my tour. Salesman asked why i wanted one I said I love google integration, i love all the apps and toys you can get with it and all the potential of apps in the future.

his response... yea, but no push email...

I left with blackberry tour still in hand I need push email on my domain, it runs on google server/app so you think they would be able to figure it out.

Maybe I just wait for the next phone like a droid, that does not have a physical keyboard and get it and keep blackberry too

politjunkie

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone looks like I will be getting a droid.. btw I had the tour going in, still thinking I may keep both just to make sure I like it

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
For a while I had both a storm2 and droid and I always received my email on the droid faster than the storm2. I have the email check interval set to every 5 minutes and maybe that's why but I was shocked how every time I got a ding on the droid it would be at least be a few minutes later when the storm would make a sound.

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Another happy droid user here... I use push with my exchange server at work... usually shows up right as my computer gets it... on the rare occasion that its not instant, it shows up no more than about 4 minutes afterward...

All I know is that its freaking fast and I can't complain :D

Go Droid, you won't be disappointed!

JE5TERHEAD

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I like my moto droid. I have gmail and yahoo imap (think that's what its called) and I have not had a problem with emails. Gmail is almost instant and my yahoo gets new mail every 15 mins which can be changed. Hope you get what ya like!!

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Another happy droid user here... I use push with my exchange server at work... usually shows up right as my computer gets it... on the rare occasion that its not instant, it shows up no more than about 4 minutes afterward...

All I know is that its freaking fast and I can't complain :D

Go Droid, you won't be disappointed!

My take on this and it is what i tell my customers, if you need a response faster than 5 min from now. Why are you sending me a message..CALL

tonyloke

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
i was at verizon on black friday to swap out my DROID cuz i had stepped on it and broke the screen and when i was talking to the rep the guy next to me wanted to change his blackberry in for a DROID and the sales rep he was talking to also talked him out of it... she said it is not as user friendly and that it is more for teenagers... i wanted to say something but before i could he said "ok then i guess i will just get a tour"... kind of strange

imiller913

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
It is sad but you can't really count on some of the rep at verizon, they are supposed to be the ones that know the info. LOL but that is why we always look here for answers.

budwizer

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Was using Exchange push when I first bought my Droiid with no issues. I have just recently moved my domain over to Google Apps and the push there is just as good, if not better, then I was getting with my hosted Exchange domain.

Now if Google would stop treating Google Apps customers like 3rd class citizens and allow Apps logons to use the rest of the Google features. Having have an @gmail.com account for Google Voice and Reader blows!

visualplastik

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My sister in law was at a verizon in johnson city TN where they told her to get an imagio and that droid would not be great... WinMo? Can you imagine my horror if she had gone through with it? She's loving her droid now.

Best buy was quite the opposite and said they couldn't wait to snag a droid themselves.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
That Verizon Salesman = FAIL!

Aren't they taught to sell products based on their features not their own opinions? That's sad.

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
That's sad. The only advice that the Verizon Rep gave me, was to buy the thing Online, so I get the $100 off instantly. Also, I would recieve it in one/two buisness days. He didn't know much about the phone, did mention a WinMo phone. I asked if the apps were nice on it, he said that it didn't have any (I guess WinMo does..but the apps suck). So I was like..I'll stick with the droid. Now I just need to go out and buy one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
addrom