Verizon Sept security update

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I got it around 1:30 a.m. However, now my Samsung stock Messages app is not working. Messages not going out.
Have to use Verizon messages+ app for now. What's the update for anyways?

Last edited:

Methos1979

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I got it around 1:30 a.m. However, now my Samsung stock Messages app is not working. Messages not going out.

Yep - same here. Texting not working! Way to go, Samsung/Verizon. Hopefully they fix this fast. How can your security update NOT be tested to work with YOUR OWN APP/SERVICE?!?

Methos1979

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Yep - same here. Texting not working! Way to go, Samsung/Verizon. Hopefully they fix this fast. How can your security update NOT be tested to work with YOUR OWN APP/SERVICE?!?

Also on wife's iPhone so apparently this is just a Verizon thing. At least there's a better chance it will get fixed now. Everyone on Verizon that notices the issue needs to inundate Verizon with complaints though.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious to know if the slo-mo video feature and that other emoji feature was included in the update like the Exynos update? I've heard speculation it's not going to be in the Snapdragon updates.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Have to use Verizon messages+ app for now. What's the update for anyways?

I'm just now downloading update for my note8 . Probably security patch. I was on August 1. Probably bout to be September 1st. Both mine and my husband's note8, my note9 and lg v20 couldn't recieve or send texts from around midnight to around 10am today. Then I had like 16 texts all at once lol. I read somewhere online earlier that Verizon customers were having issues with recieving and sending texts and making and recieving calls. So had to be a Verizon issue. Never had that issue before.

7h3d34f0n3

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Ok I was holding off on the update because of the reported problems with the Samsung text app. But if it is fine now I will do the update later this evening.