Verizon Update Just Came Down - sadness

jastop

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I think I just got a surprise (at least to me) over the air update for my Incredible around 7:30 am, Boston Mass, USA. A message displayed for a second or two saying something like your phone software has been updated to version some number I started to read, then reset.

Phone is now in a cyclical reboot, only interrupted by frequent application has stopped unexpectedly errors, and from many applications.

:( Very sad.

Anyone else have an issue? Any thoughts on a safe way to get out of
the loop.

I feel a hard reset coming in my near future.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about any updates except for apps I have had and no problems when I have updated them. Try removing your battery while the phone is still turned on......if this doesn't do the trick then I would do a master reset. it is easy and will fix the problem

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
There are no OTA updates going out. A few people have come with this problem, and it may be some malicious software or something.

Next time you get an update notification, check here to see if an OTA notification is actually going out.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Here we go again.... for the 5th time. I haven't heard of any OTA as of late, the last one that I know that was officially pushed to the phones was back in November 2010.

Any one have any information on this OTA?