Verizon update

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I could be wrong about this, but I thought Verizon historically started pushing updates on Tuesdays. Not that I'm getting my hopes up for tomorrow though.

thebabilonias

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
well lets hope so because if Mo Versi the VP, Product Management @ HTC stated that it was supposed to drop on Monday and it doesnt, thats not very positive.

pimpeds10

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Mine is trying to update. Showed at about 1:30AM this morning but my battery was too low to download. Woke up and it says it is "Device Management is running" System Update.

Been doing that since about 8AM not sure what is going on with it.Screenshot_2015-07-22-09-51-55.jpg

Last edited:

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Well Mo Versi confirmed the delay via twitter

"Dugger ‏@Legobricke 13h13 hours ago
@moversi Any update on Verizon 5.1 for the #HTCM9?

Mo Versi ‏@moversi 1h1 hour ago
@Legobricke There's been a short delay, need to respin SW. I'll update you once we're ready for approval. Thanks."

coach5150

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
For a company with poor sales and bad reviews on the net you would think they would have every update and fix possible out ASAP to try to improve sales ,guess they don't care.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
For a company with poor sales and bad reviews on the net you would think they would have every update and fix possible out ASAP to try to improve sales ,guess they don't care.
Well, from HTC if goes to the carrier for them to add their branding and test. Then it is up to the carrier to approve and release it.

coach5150

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
That's no excuse , after the reviews they have recieved they should have worked around the clock to maximize everything that could have been improved with software updates and lit a fire under the carriers to get it out . If software can improve the device it should have been maxed out by now .

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
That's no excuse , after the reviews they have recieved they should have worked around the clock to maximize everything that could have been improved with software updates and lit a fire under the carriers to get it out . If software can improve the device it should have been maxed out by now .
The carriers hold it up to tweak, add their bloatware, and test and you want to blame HTC? This also happens with upgrades for other manufacturers phones. If you are not happy because you haven't got your upgrade from Verizon, complain about Verizon. It is in their hands. The other carriers (Sprint, AT&T, & T-mobile) have already pushed it.

scvette_7

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Not for nothing iPhones don't have this issue.. they push updates to all there phones no matter what carrier you are on.

Posted via the Android Central App

wildclip

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is traditionally behind on their updates. Unlike Apple, Android manufacturers need carrier approval before software updates. At this point it appears Verizon might be holding up the update since every US carrier already got this

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalme22