Verizon Upgrade Question

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I understand that the Verizon VIP program is going away in Feb of 2010. I was planning on using the 1 year VIP upgrade benefit in Feb to upgrade to the Moto Droid from my Storm 1.

If that program is gone, can I still upgrade at a discount after one year with Verizon, or do I have to wait for my NE2 to kick in?

Thanks in advance.

cdaiscool#AC

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
If you use MyVerizon (their online thing) I believe you get 2-year pricing after 1 year, but have to pay $35 to upgrade early. As far as your NE2 discount, well, it IS New Every TWO...

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Well -- I will see what happens in Feb after 1 year with my Storm and see what happens. I hope I can upgrade. The Storm is okay, but I really want the Droid!

cjallen1#AC

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Check out the flyer posted in the first post of this thread linked below. it has a number to call for an early upgrade. It was only sent to special customers but many who didn't get the email or letter have called the number anyway and gotten the early upgrade special to either the Droid or Storm 2. I used it to get a Droid 2 days ago. Just call the number and say you want to do the early upgrade. If they say no, just call back later and try with a different sales rep. It all depends on the rep you get. I called 2 days ago and was denied by the first rep. 10 minutes later I called back and got a different rep and was allowed to upgrade. My Droid will be here tomorrow.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/early-upgrade-storm-users-360099/

disasterinc

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
IF you can't take advantage of a vip or other program you can do a 1 year early upgrade as cdaiscool says, but you do need to be on a qualifying price plan (which I think is 49.99 and higher).