Verizon visual VM

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed they now have Verizon visual VM on their phone. Did Verizon push this on everyone's phone?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the icon for it has always been there. if you click it, it will take you to the marketplace to download it if you want.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
its pushed out.. I believe that due to the fact that ATT gives it for free that Verizon needs to follow suit, just not my department to make that call.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
visual voice mail was there on my phone from the begining but it made me update it on the market place to a newer version.

out of curiousity though cuz i have seen people mentioning google voice, where do you go to get an invite aside from the google voice main page. and if by using the google voice page how long does an invite usually take to be sent?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
you either request one from the page, or people with google voice have a limited amount of invites to send out.

when i requested one from them, it took a couple weeks.

even if the icon is being pushed (late) to some devices, afaik vzw is still charging for vvm.

that's a lot of acronyms in one sentence. :p

if i didn't have google voice, i'd use youmail WAY before using verizon's vvm.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i had youmail for my storm but it would take forever for me to recieve an update that i got a new voice mail, even the next day. i keep hearing people saying they can use google voice for a visual voice mail so im gonna see what i can do. if anybody has an invite that they could send to me, i would really appreciate it.

Kaus

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
its pushed out.. I believe that due to the fact that ATT gives it for free that Verizon needs to follow suit, just not my department to make that call.

It's on there from when you purchase it and comes with the phone.

unknown said:
if i didn't have google voice, i'd use youmail WAY before using verizon's vvm
Why? Cost or Features? Specifics please as I'm weighing the different options and vvm seems pretty good to me.

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
youmail is free, the app (at least when i had it on blackberry was pretty nice) is solid

i like that it can have your address book uploaded and greets people by name (surprises a lot of people when you switch)

it emails you (if you choose) your voicemail so it is saved in that way even if you delete it from their server.

i just don't see the value in paying $3 a month for verizon's service when i can get a better service for nothing.

bwhite757

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Recently I started using Google Voice. I'm very happy with this service. The biggest thing that has helped me is the fact the phone can download the voicemails over WiFi. (I have no cell service where I work). Not to mention being able to setup Google voice to forward to another phone if you don't answer your mobile. Simply awesome.

Also, the voice transcripts are nice, not perfect, but you can figure out what the message is saying without having to listen to the Vmail, good if you're in a meeting or something.

I got tired of waiting on an invite from google, and just bought an invite on eBay, $2 and it has been the best $2 on an app I've spent so far.

TrytobeZen

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
No - it has NOT always been there. I have an old phone (contract is up in December after 2 years) and it just popped up on my phone. I DON'T WANT IT. It won't let me uninstall it, but I need all the room I can get and just want it gone. It updates automatically and I never even asked to have it downloaded in the first place. I will not pay for it either. Anyone know how to get rid ot it? My AVG didn't even catch it.