Verizon's new plans

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Wireless is overhauling its voice and data plans

Basically put, these plans suck something awful and I'm done with them once my current contract is up.

*From the Article*
Under the new pricing structure, a smartphone customer opting for the cheapest data bucket, 1 gigabyte (GB), will pay $90 before taxes and fees ($40 for a phone "access" fee and $50 for 1 GB). Customers can also add a basic call-only phone, laptop and tablet to share their data allotment for $30, $20 and $10, respectively.

•Unlimited data customer: If you're one of a dwindling number of customers who retained the grandfathered the $30-a-month unlimited data plan, you will be asked if you ever choose to upgrade to select either a "Share Everything" plan or a tiered pricing plan. Verizon dropped the unlimited plans for new customers last year.

Existing customers may move to the new plans without paying a fee or extending their contract. "We are not going to force migrate customers to these plans," says Tami Erwin, Verizon Wireless' chief marketing officer.

-------------------------------

What a bunch of liars.. Not forcing us onto this garbage. $50 for 1GB and $100 for 10GB?

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Gentlemen, it has begun. Gather supplies, secure shelter. Data apocalypse is upon us.

Edit: Wow, what a sweet deal! Now I can rent a short movie on my phone for a few bucks, and another $50 for actually streaming it!
Edit2: Jesus, I did some quick math on this bull%##. I wouldn't save a single dime, I'd actually pay more, and for a data cap! Did they even think this through?! I got a year and a half left on this contract until I vamoose so fast, Verizon's head will spin in their ass.

Last edited:

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Edit2: Jesus, I did some quick math on this bull%##. I wouldn't save a single dime, I'd actually pay more, and for a data cap! Did they even think this through?!

They did think it through...this is thier idea of making it look like they will save you money by "gifting" you with unlimited texts and voice minutes...and then...well you know, BAM right in the bum.

Im glad I preordered the GS3...likely the last subsidized phone Ill ever have.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Oh and I screen capped this for those that might be confused.

VerizonFU-1.jpg

Reactions: skatergirl

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
this sucks!!! I for one don't use anything more than 5gb at most a month, and my average is about 2Gb. But still it's nice having my unlimited plan as a backup. but these plans really suck.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
They did think it through...this is thier idea of making it look like they will save you money by "gifting" you with unlimited texts and voice minutes...and then...well you know, BAM right in the bum.

Im glad I preordered the GS3...likely the last subsidized phone Ill ever have.

That's the thing, I already have that and I would STILL be paying more.
There's absolutely no benefit to this for the unlimited customer. It's by far the dirtiest cash grab that Verizon has pulled off in its history. And yes, I remember the $2 "convenience" fee and the newly introduced upgrade fee. They took a dump on us 3 times, but the next dump will be on them when I switch to Sprint or Straight Talk.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
that can't be right, adding a basic call only phone is $30 additional per month but adding a table is $10? If it is $30 to add a basic call only phone, how much would it cost to add a smartphone per line?

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
that can't be right, adding a basic call only phone is $30 additional per month but adding a table is $10? If it is $30 to add a basic call only phone, how much would it cost to add a smartphone per line?

A smartphone is $40! That sounded like a joke when I was reading it to myself. Sadly, it's fact.
Edit: Your avatar is going to become a thing of the past. Print it out and hang it in a museum, because it's history.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
if I am understanding that right, for the usage in my avatar, it would be

$40 smartphone
$100 10gb package
$750 50gb overage at $15 per gb

Total for ONE LINE is $890 before taxes. Currently, I am paying $130 after taxes with corporate discount for 4 lines, 2 with data, and 2 basic. Basically, in one month, I could pay for an unsubsidized phone with the savings of my current plan.

epphllps

May 9, 2010
Visit site
This is absolutely F-ing ed....wow. Like AT&T CEO said, data is going to rule the industry and it costs $50 for 1GB.

It can't keep going this way. Your minimum payment is $100 prior to taxes and if you have a smartphone with LTE, I can promise you that 1GB is NOT a safe bet. If you are anywhere outside of wifi LTE will chew through 1GB in no time.

Purely disgusted with the wireless industry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have 5 lines with only one smart phone (unlimited data). Was thinking of changing out to all smartphones, but no way now. I'm over $200 a month now. They want a freaking grand outta me with this?

Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket - here I come.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have 5 lines with only one smart phone (unlimited data). Was thinking of changing out to all smartphones, but no way now. I'm over $200 a month now. They want a freaking grand outta me with this?

5 Smartphone lines with a new shared plan would cost you minimally 250 dollars...and you guys could share 1 gig with that lol.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
5 Smartphone lines with a new shared plan would cost you minimally 250 dollars...and you guys could share 1 gig with that lol.

And I use 1GB a month just on updates from the app store, LOL.

I don't stream vids or music, but I do download them to the tune of 5GB+ a month. And with 3 kids, and my wife and I on company email (with attachments) this is a very expensive proposition.

Sprint now has single line smart phone with unlimited data for $90 a month. Not sure of the plans for multiple lines and shared data, but going to look into it for sure.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

Im gone use my non unlimited line to upgrade from now on....and just swap sims .then when im in between sell a phone on ebay for say $200 and pay the $300 difference ..that will work for a while by the time im tired of it sprint should have their LTE up and fully running ....im a loyal VZW customer former employee ...and im pissed

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
From the AP: <<Current Verizon customers will be able to switch to the new plans or keep their old ones, with one exception. Those who have unlimited-data plans for their smartphones won't be able to move those to new phones, unless they pay the full, unsubsidized price for those phones. (For example, an iPhone 4S that costs $200 with a two-year contract costs $650 unsubsidized, with no contract.)>>

I know there are smaller cell phone companies out there and I will be looking for them in two years. With all the WiFi out there now, I am already over the phone thing. My tablet works on WiFi and my laptop works the same way. I don't really need Verizon.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the feeling alotta people are going to know how victim #4 felt after being coerced into signing Jerry Sanduskys' contract. I imagine renewing a 2 year will be deja vu.

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I left t-mobile to come to verizon because of the whole AT&T merger deal, now it looks like I may be going back in December when my contract is up. it sucks though because they have great service and t-mobile's is not as great. But i'm not about to pay $400+ for a phone just to keep unlimited.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Novigator