Vibrate Sounds Loose

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So yesterday the vibrate thingy (yes, technical term) that is inside my DX started being really loud and has a noise to it that sounds like it is loose inside when I'm getting a notification or call.

Has anyone encountered this? Guess it might be time to call Verizon for a replacement...which SUCKS cause this is my third phone and has been GREAT until now. I hate to get another one that ends up having something software related go wrong.

Sigh...

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
And after calling Verizon they won't replace it until I do a hard reset on the phone grrr - going to have to write down all my apps and settings on launcher pro first - she seems to think that the vibrate part inside the phone can be software related. Perhaps I'll just call back and tell them I did the hard reset already and it's still doing it lol - Hate to have to reload everything on my phone once now and then again when they send out my new one

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
If it is hardware & they send you another phone, won't you have to do the whole resetup thing anyway? It seems like you are going to have to do it either way...

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Do a search on Factory Data Reset. There's been a lot written in this forum about how to do it with the least inconvenience.

There is an app that will backup all your apps. But, your downloaded apps are kept in My Apps of Market. You can re-download them from there after the reset. Free ones you may have to make a list and get them yourself (maybe the backup app does those, too - not sure)

Might be a good idea to note which ones you dl most recently and reload them one at a time, checking for the vibration problem after each. Frequently apps conflict with each other and/or the operating system. Not all apps are friendly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felichino