Video out options

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I know this is probably going nowhere but I need to get it off my chest. My NUMBER ONE complaint about Pixel phones is the inability to hardline extend the display to a TV or monitor. I just want to be able to take a cable, plug in one side to my phone and the other side to my monitor at work to watch things during lunch. I have TWO 32" monitors but have to resort to A 6" phone screen (as nice as it is). A Chromecast type device is not an option for me bc we cannot use our building WiFi and while my data is unlimited, my hotspot data is not. USB-C to HMDI or DVI cables are a thing, I use them on my laptop. MHL cables are a thing. I've owned phones in the past that have that functionality without buying some $170 dock that google recommends on their support page when you look up the topic. Is there literally no other option for Pixel devices? Is it the same for other manufacturers devices? Thanks for listening to my rant, it's been building for 4 years since getting my 2XL.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I'd be interested in the options here as well. I'd rather not bring my old essential phone along on holidays just for this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci