Video recording help

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi group,

2 part question that I need help with.

Trying to record kiddos basketball games with the phone. My arms get tired using standard 2 hands, alternating 1 hand, etc. What's the best solution for this? A gimbal?

If so, what's the best Android compatible gimbal? I've read some reviews that many don't work well for our devices but are better for iPhones. I'd like to spend less than $200 at most if this is the right solution.

Thank you all!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A selfie stick might be all you need. It'd allow you to hold the phone with your arm at your side.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
A gimble would eliminate camera shake but it would add to the weight you're holding up.

Personally I'd look into a standard monopod and put a cell phone mount on the top of it. They don't cost much, collapse into something easy to carry, and don't take up space like a tripod. It will hold the weight of your phone, all you've got to do is balance it so it doesn't tip over, I use them frequently with regular cameras when I don't have space to set up a tripod.

jtfwTX

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
A gimble would eliminate camera shake but it would add to the weight you're holding up.

Personally I'd look into a standard monopod and put a cell phone mount on the top of it. They don't cost much, collapse into something easy to carry, and don't take up space like a tripod. It will hold the weight of your phone, all you've got to do is balance it so it doesn't tip over, I use them frequently with regular cameras when I don't have space to set up a tripod.

This sounds good. Is there a way to optimize video recording of the kiddo during the game? Like to keep it focused on her mostly when she plays across the court?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
This sounds good. Is there a way to optimize video recording of the kiddo during the game? Like to keep it focused on her mostly when she plays across the court?

Monopod wouldn't have any kind of software associated to it like some gimbals do but since you're using an S22 you should have the ability to enable tracking auto focus in your camera settings on the phone. It's supposed to keep the camera focused on a selected subject even as it moves.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuclei