Viewing videos on the internet

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I can't seem to view videos thru my internet browser. I get a 'cannot play' message. My phone is not rooted.

Are there only certain video file types I can view? Is there an app I can get to allow me to view videos on the internet?

Help please.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I can't seem to view videos thru my internet browser. I get a 'cannot play' message. My phone is not rooted.

Are there only certain video file types I can view? Is there an app I can get to allow me to view videos on the internet?

Help please.

do you have Adobe Flash player installed & up to date?
many videos in webpages are flash content type and require Adobe to be played.
what websites don't work for you that you're trying? if you go to a popular site like CNN.com or whatever, do you even see a black box where a video should be or is there no content area whatsoever?

if you're attempting to play a video that is on a site (like netflix) requiring Silverlight, you'll receive that error message. other sites like Hulu or tv streaming-websites will also block Android phones from viewing their content.

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I have Adobe flash installed and did check for updates. It is a website I am a member on (business related). When I click on the link to the video it opens a new browser window and then a popup comes up saying 'sorry cannot play video'. In the background it is a black screen and at the top it says filefactory.aspx

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
From what I've read... its a plug-in error. Go into your browser settings and make sure you have plug-ins enabled. You could also try a different browser like Dolphin HD.

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I did check and my plug in setting is enabled. I will try dolphinhd and see how that works

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Most likely... If you want post the site or pm me the address and I'll see if it works from my phone. Thats up to you though.. I don't want to intrude your privacy.

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Unfortunately it's a member only site so I can't provide the link. I think I will try calling their support line tomorrow and see if they have any ideas.

thundersome

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
There are a lot of sites where I can't watch videos. I could watch them before the last flash update. One example is Red Letter Media. The icon shown used to be a green arrow in the middle but now it's a film strip with a play icon in the middle. When clicked on it says it cannot play the video. These worked fine before the last flash update. Again this happens on almost every site I go to with videos on it.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the latest Flash Player 10.3.186.6 for Android and haven't had a problem with the sites I normally visit. I tried Red Letter Media and the first two videos won't play, but the rest do. I suspect it may be how some sites are embedding the video that doesn't play nice with the latest Flash Player version.

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I found out the reason for my issue... After speaking with the support team for the website I am on, they told me that the videos are coded to only work with Windows Media Player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eligri