Visual Voicemail app is possessed!

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I clicked to open my VZW Visual Voicemail app and I get the white portion of the open app where my messages should be but it's blank and flashes the whole screen very fast and is not full screen size.The only way I've found to get out of this is to press the home button.

I've tried rebooting my phone 2-3x, shutting my phone down and starting it up again. Still happens. I can't see my voicemails to read them. Went into Settings App Manager to try to uninstall & reinstall but gee .. duh .. I can't cuz it's a VZW app. The only option I have is Force Stop which I've now tried 3x.

After the 3rd Force Stop it flashed a few times flashing and then the white screen opened but no messages visible and it was like the app was doing the jitterbug, wiggling and shaking but open full screen.

Every other app I've tried since this started this afternoon seems to be working fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Deb

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I may be wrong but thought this was discontinued. Thought I got an email or text awhile back saying I would be moved to conventional VM as the app was being discontinued. I didn't pay much attention as I wasn't using visual VM.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I just used it the other day. Article said last July. What the heck is going on? I have a hearing disability and Visual Voicemail is a HUGE help to me. I can't even access it at all. According to the article I should be able to set up Basic Visual Voicemail whatever the heck that is. Followed the instructions and all I get is a flashing app.

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Is this on the Note 5 and the number you had ported out? If that's the case then you won't be able to access your VVM because they are stored on Verizon's servers and require a VZ data connection.

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
It could have been because of the suspension when the port request was initiated. At this point, your voicemail is handled by TMo and the VZ voicemail app won't work at all. Does TMo have a voicemail app?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It could have been because of the suspension when the port request was initiated. At this point, your voicemail is handled by TMo and the VZ voicemail app won't work at all. Does TMo have a voicemail app?

They do -- in the play store just like VZW.

jj2me

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Dumb question: Is there a charge for Visual Voicemail? I mistrust Verizon and their deceptive signups, so never clicked through, assuming they would charge me a monthly fee. I currently have no voicemail indicator, and so I poll (long-press 1) after calls to see if there's a voicemail.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Dumb question: Is there a charge for Visual Voicemail? I mistrust Verizon and their deceptive signups, so never clicked through, assuming they would charge me a monthly fee. I currently have no voicemail indicator, and so I poll (long-press 1) after calls to see if there's a voicemail.
Used to be 3 bucks monthly, maybe still is. Haven't come across a phone in quite some time that doesn't have an indicator or tone. But yeah, that would be a hassle.

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
No, basic visual voicemail is free. You can use the app and see the list of voicemails that were left and listen to them from the app. The premium visual voicemail is 2.99/month and that includes the transcription and doubles the size of your mailbox. You can choose not to opt in for the premium and still use the app.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
No, basic visual voicemail is free. You can use the app and see the list of voicemails that were left and listen to them from the app. The premium visual voicemail is 2.99/month and that includes the transcription and doubles the size of your mailbox. You can choose not to opt in for the premium and still use the app.
Thanks for the clarification, might look into the free one.

jj2me

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Thanks so much, just accepted the Visual Voicemail terms, and see my voicemails, but without transcriptions, which is good, making it unlikely that I got Premium.

Don't know why I previously had no voicemail indications on my Galaxy S6 Edge+. Maybe some phone app I installed and removed (I'm an app junkie, with nearly 400 apps currently installed) that might have interfered. Anyway, very happy, thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
demasick