Visual Voicemail on SC 2.4?

BigSwoe

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Adrynalyne thanks so much for all your hard work. One thing, after installing SC 2.4, I'd like to add back the stock visual voicemail app. I tried copying the apk and installing it but the installation failed with a pretty worthless 'Application not installed' message. I probably need some other files but are not sure which ones.

Thanks in advance!

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Adrynalyne thanks so much for all your hard work. One thing, after installing SC 2.4, I'd like to add back the stock visual voicemail app. I tried copying the apk and installing it but the installation failed with a pretty worthless 'Application not installed' message. I probably need some other files but are not sure which ones.

Thanks in advance!

you have to copy it to the system app folder. i use googole voice, its free, and works just as well as vvm. oh, i forgot to mention, its free.

BigSwoe

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Trying to use Astro File Manager to copy the file but it won't let me paste anything other than the sdcard. I am rooted, verified that. What is the recommended way to copy a file to system/app?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Actually the app in the Market isn't designed for our phones and looks god awful. If you want the one it should have - uninstall the market one if you have installed it already - and then do this:

1.) Use CWR to flash VVM.zip.
2.) Use root explorer to copy new VVM files to /apps/system (this will overwrite the the ones installed above - which is what you want.

Reactions: Inferno217

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfrostpierce