Voice dial?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
My wife has an Optimus S, and would like to set it up to do voice dial. I don't see that this is built in, but if I'm missing something please let me know. Otherwise, is there an app that will provide the capability?

Thanks,

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
There are actually two voice dialers built-in. The first is available if you press the voice dial button on the side of the phone. It has a face icon looking like its speaking. It brings up a Bluetooth Voice Dialer menu on mine at the moment, may be bluetooth only? Someone else may need to chime in here. I only use the second option:

The second is the general Google voice control. Long press the search button in the lower right corner of the phone. A "Speak Now" dialog comes up. You can then say "Call John Smith" or "Dial 555-555-5555". You can also dictate emails and text messages, or have it do lookups on Google, Maps, or Navigation. Check this site for more: Voice Actions for Android

Reactions: skidmark

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
There are actually two voice dialers built-in. The first is available if you press the voice dial button on the side of the phone. It has a face icon looking like its speaking. It brings up a Bluetooth Voice Dialer menu on mine at the moment, may be bluetooth only? Someone else may need to chime in here. I only use the second option:

The second is the general Google voice control. Long press the search button in the lower right corner of the phone. A "Speak Now" dialog comes up. You can then say "Call John Smith" or "Dial 555-555-5555". You can also dictate emails and text messages, or have it do lookups on Google, Maps, or Navigation. Check this site for more: Voice Actions for Android

Thanks, I didn't know you can hold down the search button to start voice commands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EricMcM