voltage gremlins ? [Nexus 5X]

anon(8627824)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I am traveling in the UK and have started having a touch screen issues only while plugged in and charging the phone. I am assuming it has something to do with the 220v current because I have no issues otherwise and didn't have problems before I left.

When plugged in, I cannot swipe. I can touch, but even that frequently produces phantom additional touches. The finger print sensor won't work. It is all very strange. It even show that the scree is being touched, when nothing is near it. If I put the screen in sleep, it seems fine.

The phone shows 'charging slowly' when plugged in but otherwise fine. When I charge off the car, I get a 'charging' msg and everything works just fine.

Any ideas?

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: voltage gremlins ?

I am traveling in the UK and have started having a touch screen issues only while plugged in and charging the phone. I am assuming it has something to do with the 220v current because I have no issues otherwise and didn't have problems before I left.

When plugged in, I cannot swipe. I can touch, but even that frequently produces phantom additional touches. The finger print sensor won't work. It is all very strange. It even show that the scree is being touched, when nothing is near it. If I put the screen in sleep, it seems fine.

The phone shows 'charging slowly' when plugged in but otherwise fine. When I charge off the car, I get a 'charging' msg and everything works just fine.

Any ideas?

Using the cable and adapter that came with the phone?

anon(8627824)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

So, the issue is the power supply. I've attached an image below. I have not tried it on other phones, to know if the x5 is especially sensitive, or if the power supply has developed a fault. Several months ago it works fine on my MotoX. I can only speculate that it is sending 'dirty' power into the phone that then somehow interferes with the phone's functions. It is very strange, and I've never seen anything like it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 14782.jpg
    14782.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 14

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

So, the issue is the power supply. I've attached an image below. I have not tried it on other phones, to know if the x5 is especially sensitive, or if the power supply has developed a fault. Several months ago it works fine on my MotoX. I can only speculate that it is sending 'dirty' power into the phone that then somehow interferes with the phone's functions. It is very strange, and I've never seen anything like it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Motorola phones, when paired with a wonky power supply, will have the same screen behavior issues.

To me, the Motorolas of the last couple of years seem to be fairly sensitive--I've not noticed that about the 5X though....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scrap