Volume Reducing on Pixel 7

Jx J

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I was driving using google maps for navigation and listening to a podcast.
At random times, the volume would go to zero. One of the podcasts is a foreign language course, so I have listened to the same thing on bluetooth, when not using google maps and the volume never goes to zero then.

I also received an incoming call whilst using google maps. In this instance, the volume kept going to zero, so I couldn't continue the call. The signal seemed good.

Any ideas what's causing this problem ?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What app are you using to listen to the podcast?

When the volume goes down, do you notice that the podcast is still playing on the phone, just with the volume at zero? Or has it paused?

Jx J

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
What app are you using to listen to the podcast?

When the volume goes down, do you notice that the podcast is still playing on the phone, just with the volume at zero? Or has it paused?
The app was Player FM. It is still playing at zero volume. It's playing a file saved on my phone.

I also had the sound volume decreasing when receiving a phone call, when using google maps for navigating.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this happen with other apps, like YouTube Music or Spotify?

When the sound decreases during a phone call, does that coincide with a new notification?

Jx J

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I'm not connected to my vehicle.

I haven't tested it with other apps, yet. I suppose I should try to reproduce the problem under different conditions.
I doubt the sound decrease during a phone call was connected to new notifications, as it was almost continuously trying to decrease.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When in the car, is the phone connected via Bluetooth to anything? If so, I wonder if that device is sending an inappropriate volume command.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter