VZW BOGO - Why?

johnatthebar

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
So, rumor has it that VZW will have a BOGO on Android and WebOS devices tomorrow.

Clearing some inventory to make way for the Desire?

Do you guys think that would be a good thing for us Droid owners are would it still the momentum on the Big Red side of Android?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Well. I wouldnt jump to that extreme of a conclusion. Verizon often time offers the BOGO deals when they are trying to drive revenue. Think, they give away the second phone free, and then they lock that person in for an additional $30 in data every month for 2 years (on most)...

think of the profit there.

johnatthebar

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
It is certainly a revenue building, albeit it at a slightly higher risk (a customer needs to stick around just a tiny bit longer to pass the mark of breaking even with the subsidy). It also however is something they seem to like to do when there is a lot of new buzz about one of their new models (think Droid, Droid Eris, Storm 9530) or when they are ABOUT to bring in new toys (think the all BB BOGO).

Not drawing conclusions, just something interesting given the rumors about the Desire.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
They've been advertising this deal during the Olympics. I think that they're just trying to take advantage of all of the eyeballs.

jgurnett

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Sales are down companywide for Big Red right now. Certain markets are holding the line but they're not where the expected to be.

It's a dirty business that's measured by how many subscriber lines you have...with a BOGO they kill many birds with the one stone. At least that's what my insiders at VZW have told me (and no, they are not reps)

jhamilton3#CB

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Sales are down companywide for Big Red right now. Certain markets are holding the line but they're not where the expected to be.

It's a dirty business that's measured by how many subscriber lines you have...with a BOGO they kill many birds with the one stone. At least that's what my insiders at VZW have told me (and no, they are not reps)

Pretty much nails it I believe..

NickF227

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Maybe if it was Android only based for the BOGO but the fact the webOS is included kinda makes me think otherwise.

They are also doing it with basically there most popular 'smart dumbphones', the ENV Touch and ENV3. So, I think its just an inventory clear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO