VZW Loyalty dept.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I called the VZW loyalty department today and the agent I worked with was understanding of my concerns about the Xoom 4G upgrade and a few other issues I have had recently. She went thru my account line by line ( phones/devices) and found over 350.00 in one time promotions and discounts that I qualified for and that credit will be applied to my next bill which is in Oct. There are other discounts that will be in effect for the life of the line as long as there is a smart phone on the line that adds up to about 40.00 a month, for both lines that have smart phones.

With these savings in Oct. I might just go ahead and pick up the Bionic as well. But if I get the Bionic I will probably pick up the laptop dock also.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Free monthly access discounts on 3 primary lines, a couple months free data for both smart phones and my wife's net book. I also got 10.00 off the data plan for my son's Blackberry for as long as he has a smart phone on his line.

I dialed *611 from my cell and asked for a transfer to the loyalty dept.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Guess it can't hurt to call them up. Had Verizon last 10 years with 3 lines and the Xoom. How do you go about the conversation with them. Just ask for some discounts? Thanks.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I just told the rep about the issues I have been having with phones and the Xoom not being upgraded as we were promised initially and that I was considering moving my phones to another carrier. Also that I had seen on the forums where other customers are getting discounts as a concession for the upgrade being delayed several times.

She also stated that from the paper work she had seen the official upgrade process wouldn't start until closer to the end of this month or the first part of next.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
its possible to get concessions from VZW but you have to know how to argue and use the right words.

You also have to have some kind of leverage against them

I got multiple offers from them and settled on shipping the device back to them for a full refund ($640) and the line was canceled without an early termination fee.

I did this by saying that I would cancel all 4 of my lines if they didnt either, take the device back for a full refund or release me from the contract.

So while it is possible, if you're anything short of a lawyer you wont get much more than 2 months free service.

BTW, what i ended up doing was taking the money and buying a wifi galaxy tab. It makes no sense to pay $20 for 1gb of data when u can tether from your 4g phone and have unlimited data for $30.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autocascade