VZW One to have HDR Mic system?

MarkyD311

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
As many of you know, the court ordered HTC to stop using the STM HDR Mic. It since disappeared from the spec sheet for the One. However, HTC was told they could use up the inventory they already had.

The question is...have they found a new supplier for this type of mic, and will it be included in the VZW version?

Groovysunflowers

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
As many of you know, the court ordered HTC to stop using the STM HDR Mic. It since disappeared from the spec sheet for the One. However, HTC was told they could use up the inventory they already had.

The question is...have they found a new supplier for this type of mic, and will it be included in the VZW version?

I'm curious about this as well, I almost forgot about that situation.

MarkyD311

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious about this as well, I almost forgot about that situation.

This is a make or break situation for me. I go to a LOT of concerts, and while I'm not that guy watching the whole show through his phone, I do like to get a couple good videos at each show. The Lumia 928 has been great for this, but I'm ready to come back to Android.

Groovysunflowers

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
This is a make or break situation for me. I go to a LOT of concerts, and while I'm not that guy watching the whole show through his phone, I do like to get a couple good videos at each show. The Lumia 928 has been great for this, but I'm ready to come back to Android.

I feel ya, man. I'm still using my iPhone 4s and have been disappointed with the way my videos turn out because of the stupid placement of the microphone. So many videos I try to take of my daughter and I always get stuck with shifting muffled sounds (from my finger being there holding the phone sideways) or my breathing being louder than my kid's voice so I'm ready to come back to Android too! I like to go to concerts too and I remember the last one I went to, which was Sevendust, I took like 2 or 3 videos from my phone and the audio was just horrible. Have you found out anything online about the mic situation? Other forums talking about it?

Groovysunflowers

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

I do love that HTC actually answers people on their Facebook page. Here was their response to my question...by the way it looks, it sounds like they are not out of the STM mics yet!

Attachments

• hdr mic.JPG
    hdr mic.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netabb