VZW PRL updated from 51731 to 51739

flspnr

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for such a basic question, but what's the PRL? Is it important to update? I thought the *228 was for updating the cell towers, but I could be wrong on that.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Prefered Roaming List
It's a file that tells you what towers to search for based on your AGPS location. Very handy thing to keep up to date, especially if you're on the move a lot within a small area. It's also the first thing you should do if you are having network issues.

Nice catch redman.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Moving to the carrier forum since this applies to all Verizon Android phones.

Edit: One thing I like about the Droid PRL updates, is that not only does it not require a reboot when it's finished.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site

Edit: One thing I like about the Droid PRL updates, is that not only does it not require a reboot when it's finished, it doesn't emit an ear deafening beep when it's done like all the WM phones I've owned have.

I can confirm the loud beep is there for Android devices as well.

mrfarinhight

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

Edit: One thing I like about the Droid PRL updates, is that not only does it not require a reboot when it's finished, it doesn't emit an ear deafening beep when it's done like all the WM phones I've owned have.

On the Eris I got 3 beeps that were not ear deafening, and it did require my phone to restart.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke