Vzw sent Max to replalace nexus

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I called customer service and asked them to look into my busted nexus which I'm on my third. They sent me a Max to replace it. My kid wants the max and I want the s3 her line is due for an upgrade. Can I upgrade her and trade her without loosing my unlimited.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes just pre-order it under her line and then when you get it go to the store and tell them you want to switch the phones around. The plans shouldn't change just make sure they do it right.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
cool beans. Also do we know if i add smartphone lines to my family share plan can they just be 2 gig each or after the 28th every smart phone added has to go on a family share data

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can use your daughter upgrade for the the s3. Once your received the s3 you can switch phone and you will still keep your unlimited data plan. I've done something like this before, I wanted the thunderbolt without paying full retail. I added a line to my account and when I received the TB I switch phones. The reason you you can keep your unlimited plan is because you are not upgrading your account. Just your daughter's account.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes just pre-order it under her line and then when you get it go to the store and tell them you want to switch the phones around. The plans shouldn't change just make sure they do it right.

you can do it online or on the phone as well. i hate going to the Verizon store, and don't go unless i have no other option.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Thx guys! I thought about adding a line for a dumb phone but now if they force family data that will turn into a 30 $ phone a month

doogie1

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Thx guys! I thought about adding a line for a dumb phone but now if they force family data that will turn into a 30 $ phone a month

I have the unlimited family with 3 smartphone lines and I added another line to get the S3. I'll swap it out for my line and then have an old basic phone put on it to be a "dummy line". That way I'll only pay the $9.99.. The rep even said if I don't have an old basic phone, I can call customer service and they can assign a "dummy esn#", for that line. Just make sure you do what you need to before the new plans go live.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
you would have to pay tax and fees on the dumb phone line, which, for me is $ 4.20 per line.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Just chatted with vzw online they told me because the s3 won't ship until after the family data plans hit I'll be forced into by upgrading my line :eek:

FlatTopFoley

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Just chatted with vzw online they told me because the s3 won't ship until after the family data plans hit I'll be forced into by upgrading my line :eek:

that's why you preorder it online. When you pre-order, you agree to re-up on 2 years and lock in your unlimited data now instead of waiting until it comes out. Thats what I did about a week ago. Also there is a way online to take a upgrade from one line, and apply it to another. I took a upgrade from one of our business lines, transferred it to my phone#, then pre-ordered. worked great, and I am keeping my unlimited data.

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
that's why you preorder it online. When you pre-order, you agree to re-up on 2 years and lock in your unlimited data now instead of waiting until it comes out. Thats what I did about a week ago. Also there is a way online to take a upgrade from one line, and apply it to another. I took a upgrade from one of our business lines, transferred it to my phone#, then pre-ordered. worked great, and I am keeping my unlimited data.

Maybe this girl didn't know what she was talking bout. I told her i wanted to pre order online and she was like if u do you will be dumped into family shared. And I wonder if that was because I was trying to upgrade a dumb phone line to the s3 so I could swap upon delivery.

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to go in to swap the phones. When u get the s3. Just use your current sim in the s3 and log in. Do the same with the maxx for her line. Since LTE uses sim base, all you have to do is swap Sims. No need to "go in" and have Verizon do it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to go in to swap the phones. When u get the s3. Just use your current sim in the s3 and log in. Do the same with the maxx for her line. Since LTE uses sim base, all you have to do is swap Sims. No need to "go in" and have Verizon do it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Na I never go in cuz most of the people working there are not even tech savy I try to do it myself.