VZW's UPGRADE promo expired 2/29 - a rant

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
As others have reported, the $100 off upgrade promo code doesn't work and chat told me it expired 2/29. Bummer. This may be the nail in the coffin for me on pre-ordering this. And the chat person didn't know other carriers were getting the phone early. I was trying to get a reaction to the fact that everyone will get their pre-orders before verizon and they may use up all the 300,000 allocated gifts (VRs) before anyone with verizon can redeem. Maybe that is far-fetched but I'm not sure. I was hoping it would give them an incentive to give me a working offer but they said call customer service and maybe they'll give me a different incentive.

When I say nail in the coffin, there are no extensive reviews of the phone yet, and I read things like gets hot, AOD is pretty much useless, possibly low probability of actually getting the freebie, battery life may not be better than S6, some reports of scroll lag, speaker and audio quality for music just average not great, etc.

Matt Valenzuela

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
You should check out Sprint, they are already shipping preorders. And they're doing buy one get one 50% off for S7, plus a free Gear VR, and they have the Galaxy Forever program.

mnphoneguy1

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Would this apply if i pre-ordered before the 29th? I only switched to verizon because of all the great deals and this being one of them.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Would this apply if i pre-ordered before the 29th? I only switched to verizon because of all the great deals and this being one of them.

If you placed the order when the offer was valid I don't see how they can take it away. I suppose even if I had doubts about stuff I should have pre-ordered on the weekend when I thought about it. I would have had ample opportunity to cancel since they are so slow at shipping out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz