Walkman and Album both get updates

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Walkman and Album both got updates.

For Walkman, the only modifications I see so far, is a slightly tighter integration with the "music unlimited streaming" service Sony is pushing (too hard, I might add. It's annoying.), and the last played file now shows at the bottom of the main screen. Obviously Devs at Sony are NOT listenning to their users, and have NOT granted us a folder view for local files. We only get that when looking at files on SMB networks, which is a nonsense. I'll keep using Jetaudio Free and VLC.

For Album, as far as I can see, they've made the "Playmemories" online album more prominent. The albums list view as changed a bit: it now displays a change random picture in the background. I'm looking for a setting to set the picture myself or disable this, but I can't. I think it is chosen by The "SenseMe" slideshow app. It's real nice and works like a charm. Family slideshow sessions will be rather interesting with this.

Sad that Walkman was not improved at all. But the lack of improvement on Sony's part was not unexpected.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AquavaMyalis90