Wallpaper help, Want to use my photos!

racermech

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
With my phone I take a lot of photos of my son, and I like to use them as my wallpaper. With my BB Storm1 I was able to select a photos and it would scale the photo to fit the screen. Now my droid I select the photo and I only have a small box to select what will be used as a wallpaper. This leave me with basically a face shot of my son as my wallpaper.

Does anyone know of an app or any way I can get the entire photo to scale to the wallpaper??

inkmantpa

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
When that little box comes up, touch the corner and it will allow you to drag the box out to include more of the photo. Not sure why it always comes up small by default, even when the photo is the exact dimensions.

Anyhow, drag the corner of the box out and you should be able to get more in.

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
PicSayPro has a re-size feature, but it wont work because after re-size the phone still uses the cropping tool to generate the wall paper based on the Wallpaper's Aspect Ratio. Meaning... currently the phone will not add black-bars on the edges to fill in the empty gaps, nor will it stretch/squash a picture to fit. At least not to my knowledge.

Maybe you can try the Photoshop app. I like PicSayPro better, but perhaps the Photoshop app could do what you want. I'd say edit them using a photo editor on your desktop/laptop if you want to include the whole photo with the black bars to fill the empty gap.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, i would just use my computer to do the editing, but what would be really nice is if you could have a setting in the camera app that takes pictures in the right aspect for that.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582