want to unroot is there any way to save my app data

milwaukee613

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Do you want to save ur data to be used unrooted?

I haven't tried this (I can't see why ud want to be not rooted) but if you use mybackup pro. You should be able to back up ALL of you apps and their data ...therefore all you would need to do after your full wipe and unroot would be reinstall mybackup pro and restore your apps (only the ones not requiring root access) and their respected data.

I hope I answered your question.

Sent using Tapatalk

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You can back up the data with MyBackup Pro for root users. Flash the MR1 RUU from the unroot method which will wipe the phone returning you to stock rooted. Install your apps and data from MyBackup... Then flash the bootloader zip from the unroot method which doesn't wipe the phone but will return the phone back to s-on (unrooted).

Reactions: wildman

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You can back up the data with MyBackup Pro for root users. Flash the MR1 RUU from the unroot method which will wipe the phone returning you to stock rooted. Install your apps and data from MyBackup... Then flash the bootloader zip from the unroot method which doesn't wipe the phone but will return the phone back to s-on (unrooted).

Never thought about doing this method, I always just figure I would loose personal settings because once you unroot the backup apps cant restore apps data...

Thanks for the suggestion, I don't plan to unroot no time soon but this is nice to know..

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Never thought about doing this method, I always just figure I would loose personal settings because once you unroot the backup apps cant restore apps data...

Thanks for the suggestion, I don't plan to unroot no time soon but this is nice to know..

No you are correct... Once you unroot.. MyBackup for root users will no longer restore data for the apps. The way I suggested is to... Flash the MR1 RUU which will put the phone back to factory conditions including the bloat. The phone needs to go back to the MR1 before it can be unrooted. Then re-install your apps and data back to the phone.... Then flash the bootloader zip to unroot the phone... Nothing is wiped from the phone when you flash the bootloader zip to unroot the phone.

-Backup apps and data.
-Flash MR1 RUU (wipes phone)
-Install apps and data.
-Flash bootloader zip (unroots phone)
... Phone is unrooted back to stock without losing your apps/data.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You might also try sharemyapps to send a complete list to yourself on anyone you want to.

This option wont save any app data only the apps, the OP was wanting to preserve the apps data as well...

@Cyber Warrior

Yes I understood what you instructed, I just never thought to do that to restore apps and data...

Thanks Again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisab126