warning about Frako Kernal updater app update

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
as some of use have noticed, the latest franko kernal app update really borks the color control settings.

before the update, i was set at his recommendation, 180,192,200.
i updated the app, and rebooted the phone.
reboot was completely normal, the ROM poped up right away completely normal.
then about 10 seconds later, i had a VERY dark RED screen. thankfully i could navigate the phone completely fine. after freaking out, rebooting a couple times, flashing a new kernal ect, i finally checked the franko Color multipliers....they were ALL in the 400+ range causing this weird coloration.

just though i would let anyone know that was having the same issue. i know i am not the only one as there were multiple people in the official franko kernel thread over at XDA that had similar issues.

also, a clean install of the app fixes the problem if you have a completely black screen like some did.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
It scared me when the phone went dark. I was able to see enough to uninstall and reinstall the app. Still didn't fix the darkness. Adjusted the color manually and now all is well.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
That explains my problem. I had a completely black screen. I did a rom reinstall yesterday because I thought it was the rom. good to know what caused the problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Had the same issue yesterday. Easy fix really just a minor annoyance. Franco already pushed an update to hopefully fix the issue.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Had this happen when I updated it a night or so ago when I was ... "disposed." Was like I was in a Terry Gilliam novel or something.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
glad everyone found this useful. i was freaking out...until i found the color multipliers.
and as others have said, Franko has updated his app 3 times since this fluke update. he's a good dev...and super quick.