Warranty Void did not install custom software?

tricky dicky 1963

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Warranty Void did not install custom software

samsung.jpg

I was using my phone on Monday it then rebooted wont come on past a b/w screen.
Samsung said the warranty was void as it had custom soft ware installed.

on the screen it does say custom instead of Samsung or official but I have not installed any apps apart from the ones I get from the play store.

I pointed out to Samsung that the Knox warranty has not been tripped as you can see by the screen photo they took, but they could not give a **** about that.

I have been a loyal Samsung fan for ten years now. but now I hope the company goes out of business and I do hope people don't buy there phones anymore.

If you own a Samsung galaxy S6 or other Galaxy phone and NEVER INSTALLED CUSTOM SOFTWARE PLEASE CHECK WHAT YOU HIDDEN BOOT UP SCREEN SAYS, I'M CURIOUS

Richard

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Warranty Void did not install custom software

Can't be sure, but I think the Custom label there shows up also if it's carrier-branded. Can't turn mine off right now as it is updating stuff, but I'll try later and see what it says.

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Whoa that's weird

Posted via the Android Central App

sickofit

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi there, I've just sent my S5 to Sydney for repair from similar problem, same reply. Warranty voided. The ph presented black screen then on turning off and on again the screen jammed on the start up screen and wouldn't proceed to home screen so no functions at all. This was intermittent for the next couple of days then jammed completely after which I cleared the cache then as that didn't help I did a factory reset also to no avail. Repair will cost over $300 to fix. Not happy at all.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site

Idk if this solution will work, but try reflashing your phone with the stock ROM via odin.

Posted with ❤Love❤