Way(s) to shoot a video with Droid Turbo for >30 minutes?

rhayden31

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Quick question for you. Does anyone know of an app or mod that currently exists which would allow me to shoot video for longer than 30 minutes? I'd like to leave it on a tripod, running, for around 1.5 hours during a sporting event.

Thanks for any input that you might have!

Rob

rhayden31

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I'll definitely check that out -- wondering though, if it's a screen issue, wouldn't it have stopped recording after three or four minutes when the screen went off? I left it running earlier today and it recorded for 31 minutes and change, then cut off.

Here's a good follow-up question too: I downloaded Tasker, and when I tried to run a "Stay On" script, it gave me a "Stay On is not available in Android 4.2+, try the Secure Settings plugin and a rooted device." -- am I correct in the understanding that the Droid Turbo hasn't been rooted by anyone yet?

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes it looks like it. I wonder if automateit, lama, or macrodroid will do it. Maybe try one of those.

Last edited:

rhayden31

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I'll look into em for sure, thanks for the tips!

It actually looks like my specific problem might be solved by Kinemaster though. I'd been keeping an eye out for it, and it looks like it was released for Droid Turbo very recently. Great program from what I've seen so far...

rhayden31

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
So I've discovered another issue with this -- looks like the video recording limit it set at 3.8 gb.

Any idea how to bypass this, anyone...?

rhayden31

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it looks like the 30 minutes was related to a 3.8 gb file size. I've read in a few different places that it is somehow related to disk limitations, but was hoping there might be a workaround...