Weather App

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Another vote for weather bug. I used beautiful widgets for a long time but it is a big battery drain.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I use Fancy Weather and Beautiful Widgets.

I also set my browser to national weather service, but that also is so can do weather reports (i'm a registered weather spotter and yes I can spot, chase and report tornadoes).

Free weather apps widgets are terrible if they are ad supported. They suck down battery downloading ads. How often they update matters add well.

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Weatherbug Elite - was the free app of the day from Amazon a while back - but worth the money IMO.

I agree on the shortcut idea as well - but I used to use a shortcut to accuweather.

For the past year or so - weatherbug elite is the way I go

The free version is not bad either as noted above

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I had Weatherbug @ one point---more batt drain as mentioned above...

Using the GOLauncher weather widget currently. I like it for the fact it can be placed on your home-screen and it can be transparent. Also, can change how often it updates and check multiple locations/cities.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Fancy Widgets looks great, but depending on your setup, it can slow down your OS and it definitely is a bit of a battery drain.
For a simple, straightforward and accurate weather forecast and nothing else, Accuweather is nice.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I use Elecont Weather. Lots of (very customizable) widgets to choose from. No skins, but that's fine with me! Also has an earthquake tracker, but I'm in South Dakota, so no need for that.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

optimuskitten

May 16, 2012
Visit site
the weather app i swear by is called 3D Digital Weather Clock. im using the glass version since i have the koi free live wallpaper. its %100 free of any ads and it hardly makes a dent in my battery life..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen