Weather update

old guy

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Stuck on May 7. AFAIK, I'm running the OEM weather app on my watch. How does it get info from my phone? I've had the phone since Feb, so a May 7 date means it updated for a while, right?

old guy

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Stuck on May 7. AFAIK, I'm running the OEM weather app on my watch. How does it get info from my phone? I've had the phone since Feb, so a May 7 date means it updated for a while, right?

johna22

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Maybe try turning off bluetooth and updating the weather widget to see if it works over wifi or 3G, or maybe try a soft reset of the S2 in case it's some sort of software hangup. every once in a while I have issues too and wonder if it's caused because I have the default weather app on the phone but also weather.com app. Could also check whatever app you use on your phone and how often it is set to update, I think if you're connected to the S2 via bluetooth its just grabbing whatever is current on your phone.

markbc

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Try this.
1. Place a weather widget -the Samsung generic weather widget, on a desktop on your phone. Use it to adjust the weather update function, and just let it sit there, even if it has its own screen.

2. Add a weather widget to the Gear S2. It should mirror the data presented on the screen of the phone. If it does not, then update the PHONE's weather widget (press the small circular update symbol on the bottom corner of the phone) and see if that makes the watch update as well.

3. If that does not work then go to the weather widget on the Gear S2 and press on the first screen. This will display a more detailed weather menu. Scroll down to the bottom of that menu (using your finger or clockwise on the bezel). On the bottom of the display is an update icon -press it once or twice and your weather should manually update.

4. If that does not work then there are connectivity issues with the app. Also check to ensure the PHONE's samsung weather app has a low update period (press the widget, press "more" and "settings" and "update interval").

Good luck, sometimes this type of fiddling with the widgets gets them to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37