Weather widget Samsung Vs HTC Hero

itchy17

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Question I have an HTC Hero and my wife has Samsung Moment, My phone has a working weather widget without having GPS enabled. The Samsung weather widget only works with GPS enabled. Anyone know why the phones are so different? :confused:

itchy17

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Interesting I will try this on her phone, although my my HTC is set on Current location but I understand different phone do different things. Thank you for your reply!

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
because the Hero uses Htc location services to find location based off cell triangulation.

(wow what a sentence!)

It's part of HTC sense.

davedsone

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Htc Hero software is really well executed. I had a Hero and swapped it for the Moment (gotta have a real keyboard) and was suprised at how much of what I liked on the hero was HTC. The moment hardware is in almost every way better, but the experience on the Hero is just superb. Hoping 2.1 clears up some of this, although I expect HTC will have some awesome tweaks for that, also. My boss still has a hero, dust under the screen, and his 5.0 megapixel picture quality isn't better than my 3.2 is. Or, not that I can notice.

davedsone

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
LOl, that was from my "random incomplete thoughts" segment. I mean, he has a Hero, and with the problems I see he has (dust under the screen, so so picture quality, poor button quality, dirty trackball) I'm glad I got the Moment, just waiting the updated OS to fix a few things I don't like.

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
LOl, that was from my "random incomplete thoughts" segment. I mean, he has a Hero, and with the problems I see he has (dust under the screen, so so picture quality, poor button quality, dirty trackball) I'm glad I got the Moment, just waiting the updated OS to fix a few things I don't like.

if you dont like it root it :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753