Website is unusable

Lestat1886

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
message to the owners: the website and all those from the same community (as imore windows central etc) are not usable at all, user friendly and are on the verge of being a scam! There is too many ads that i think you are begging your users to leave or use an adblocker (and even then the website becomes buggy as hell!)

Do you really think it is normal (see screenshot) ? I understand websites needs money but this kind and amount of ads is unacceptable ! Fix your ads and offer an ad free subscription if you have to! Show some respect to the content and your readers (or else do not complain about adblockers!)

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_7746.png
    IMG_7746.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 18

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I understand websites needs money but this kind and amount of ads is unacceptable ! Fix your ads and offer an ad free subscription if you have to!
No one on the forums control the ad content, however, we do have the ability to report ads that are intrusive such as the ones you've experienced. In order to do so however, we need some help from you given how ads work. If you see an ad that is disruptive to the nature of the site you can send an email to community @ futurenet.com with the following details / information and subject Bad Ad Report for *insert site*
  • URL where the ad is showing.
  • URL of what the ad leads to (if possible).
  • Screenshot of the ad.
  • Browser / OS details.
  • Location/ Country (different countries/areas see different ads)

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Member when AC was one of the best Android blogs on the web? I member.

It should really tell them something that none of their own forum moderators are willing to go to the blog because of how awful it has become.

But, that doesn't actually matter as long as they keep getting the traffic from "best android phone under $300 in 2023" google searches.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Member when AC was one of the best Android blogs on the web? I member.

It should really tell them something that none of their own forum moderators are willing to go to the blog because of how awful it has become.

But, that doesn't actually matter as long as they keep getting the traffic from "best android phone under $300 in 2023" google searches.
Journalism is a money-losing proposition these days, and the way these bigger outlets can survive is ad revenue (and probably starting to favor generative AI over actually paying good journalists to write). So I think it's pretty much across the board. This is a big reason why I pay a subscription for JR Raphael's Android Intelligence newsletter/forum/podcast (https://www.androidintel.net/) -- he's one of the best tech journalists around, and relies primarily on subscription fees rather than ad revenue to stay afloat. JR recently partnered with Chris Hoffman (formerly chief editor of How-To-Geek), who offers a parallel newsletter for Windows (called Windows Intelligence) -- both are included in the sub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali